How to record impeachment hearings?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by collin, Nov 13, 2019.

1. collin

collin Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Not seeing any actual listings in the guide. I'm OTA only.

Is the only way to record, just set some long manual recordings on PBS?

WATCH LIVE: The Trump Impeachment Hearings - Day 1

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    That's all that I can see to do, or just pick one of the television morning shows (which is being preempted for the coverage) and then extend the end time to the max, picking a next show at that end point and doing likewise.

3. collin

collin Member

Jan 2, 2008
    I set a long recording for my local PBS's primary channel. Woke up and checked it (3 hours after the start time) and turns out they put it on the 3rd sub-channel, so I recorded Curious George instead.

Switched to ABC, NBC and CBS and they all have the hearing in HD, looks like continuous coverage.

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    :p

I've been watching it. (This is not a political statement: ) I think that I would prefer "Curious George" (and a highlights reel instead).

stellie93 likes this.
  5. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    "so I recorded Curious George instead."
    That sounds good to me too. I almost replied that something like that might happen. I weighed the possibility that, like a Vampire, impeachment hearings wouldn't be able to be seen in a mirror nor digitally recorded on still or moving pictures.

(I'm still bitter about all the afternoon cartoons I missed in my childhood due to the Watergate Hearings).

Mikeguy likes this.