How to hack after Instant Cake

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by dturturro, Oct 14, 2007.

1. dturturro

dturturro Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Long Island

Advertisements

I just applied Instant Cake 6.3d to my HR10-250 and all is working fine but I'd like to add some hacks; specifically tweak.sh from the Zipper folks.

I was kind of able to get a bash prompt through Hyperterminal using Win XP (I get a LOT of streaming info across the screen, then when it stops I hit enter and get the bash prompt, but it will start streaming info all over again before I type).

I've downloaded tweak.sh and unzipped but I have no idea how to get it to the TiVo, where it goes or how to execute it.

I've searched on TCF and DVR** but all the threads assume a higher level of knowledge then I posess.

Does anyone have a simple step by step link for hacking an IC drive? :confused:

I plan to post this to DVR** as well, but I'm waiting for my activation to go through.

2. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Sorry, I can't help you, but you'd be far better posting this in the TiVo Underground forum.

3. ebockelman

ebockelman PR#6

Jul 12, 2001
    Orlando,...
    If you really want to hack via the zipper, then I strongly recommend you read the documentation that comes with it. It walks you step by step through the process.
    It doesn't matter if your drive was restored with InstantCake or has the factory image on it.