How to get Tivo to correct guide data?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by iandrysdale, Dec 25, 2005.

1. iandrysdale

iandrysdale New Member

Jan 9, 2004

Advertisements

I've had the HR 250 for well over a year now.

My PBS statoins, 2-1 through 2-5, in Miami, have always had good reception.

Until recently, the Tivo guide data matched the five channels precisely. Now it is all "off". Sometimes, the guide data is off by one channel- 2-2 is shown on 2-3, etc., but the guide data never matches what is on TV.

Who would I contact on this? There are no competing channels- it just seems that the station and the provider of the guide, which were once in synch, have now for several months been out of synch. ALL of my other channels, OTA and satellite, are OK.

Thanks.

Ian :confused:

2. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I had the same problem with my local PBS stations in Boston.
    CHeck the zap2it site for their listing (they provide the listings to TiVO) - if they are also incorrect, the best bet is to call the local PBS station and *****, ***** *****. Believe me, the last thing they want is incorrect listings. In my case, they were corrected in about a week. Calling DirecTV will get you nothing.

3. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    TiVo has a page somewhere that lets you file guide data errors and lineup errors. I'm looking for it myself, but I can't figure out where they've hidden it.

4. swifty

swifty Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Appleton, WI

Advertisements

Tivo's form won't do anything, they don't control the guide data for DirecTV and will tell you so. Your best bet is to call or email the station, and check the guide data on Zap2it. If Zap2it is wrong there is a link on the page for feedback, give them all of the relevant information, including that you use DirecTV.