How to Get Away with Murder- "We're Not Friends" 10-23-2014 (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Alfer, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003

Advertisements

I guess folks aren't as interested in this show as initially thought. ;)

This was sort of a blah episode. Run of the mill case of the week IMO.

I'm getting officially a bit tired of the whole bonfire stuff and flashbacks. Let's wrap things up and move on please Miss Shonda and crew.

As is the norm on the show, Conner conveniently uses his gay powers to get some key info for the case. That was IMO a totally laughable scenario.

Not giving up on the show yet, but I'd like to see them tame some things and get on with others.

2. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Hi:
    I agree. It's still interesting to me, though. I'll keep watching and see where it all goes. It's getting a bit to crazy, with the back and forth and the multiple things going on. It's easy to lose track of what's happening, especially with her students. And, who to trust and believe? I know, I know, it's part of the show....but when everyone becomes a possible suspect and/or liar....it's just makes for more confusing (albeit entertaining to this point) entertainment, rather than suspenseful and innovative entertainment.

3. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I loved Laurel this episode. "Yes, I'm a cheat. And a murderer."

4. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I'm giving up. I still have lots of trouble figuring out what's going on with the dead guy burial/flashback stuff and the rest of the show is just falling flat. I dislike all the characters, (even the pretty ones), and the law scenes are just nuts. This one where the kid kills his father to save his mother yet the jury gets 'nullified' by reading a bit of paper about nullification so everyone can get a result 'better' than that that the obviously dumb law would allow... Bah.

Is everyone watching because they like the way the lead actress's character handled herself in The Help? Something tells me yes, because I don't see much else to draw attention.

5. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas

Advertisements

I watch because I do like the way the story is unfolding -- like "Damages" Season One. It will be revealed in the end. I also like the weekly cases.

All but the main character are meh.

6. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i started watching the show because of viola davis, but it had little to do with her role in the help, and she isn't strong enough to carry the show alone. have you looked at her résumé on imdb? she's had a few other roles over the years. :rolleyes: