How to find a Pin Number?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by T*i*V*o, Jul 14, 2007.

1. T*i*V*o

T*i*V*o New Member

Oct 8, 2006

Advertisements

I have subscribed to Unbox, and I have tried to get a rental movie, but it is asking for a Pin number.

Where do I find this number?

Thanks for all you help, sorry if this has been asked before. I have searched and searched, even tried getting a hold of Amazon via E-mail and they sent me to the page that I had already read.

2. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Are you trying to rent from the TiVo or at Amazon.com?

On the TiVo, if you have a PIN (or maybe even if you don't) you should see an option for a forgotten PIN. You are then prompted for (a) your amazon account email, (b) your amazon account password, and (c) your TiVo.com account password. All of this gets you to a screen where you can enter a new PIN.

You don't need a PIN to order from the Amazon.com site, at least not if your TiVo is shown as being registered at Amazon.

3. T*i*V*o

T*i*V*o New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Thank you for replying. I have been working 3 nights and sleeping for the past 4 days, so this is my first chance getting back to Tivo.

I have tried the way of the forgotten pin number, will try again.

I did order an movie for Unbox from Amazon and did not need a pin number there. I have Unbox loaded and running, but do not see my movie on the Unbox or on Tivo.

Any help is much appreciated.

4. T*i*V*o

T*i*V*o New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Problem finally resolved after many E-mails to Amazon. Unbox has got to be easier to figure out if the general public is going to use it.

Watched my movie, it was fine. I watched my first one on my computer. It took 4 1/2 hrs to download for a 2 hr movie.

Just rented my next movie on Tivo DVR, which it will probably take just as long.

Amazon was great, we must of had at least 8 e-mails to resolve my problem of Pin number, & finding my movie. If someone can't answer your question, someone else will, just keep E-mailing Amazon.