How to find a Pin Number?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by T*i*V*o, Jul 14, 2007.

1. T*i*V*o

T*i*V*o New Member

Oct 8, 2006

Advertisements

I have subscribed to Unbox, and I have tried to get a rental movie, but it is asking for a Pin number.

Where do I find this number?

Thanks for all you help, sorry if this has been asked before. I have searched and searched, even tried getting a hold of Amazon via E-mail and they sent me to the page that I had already read.

2. pdhenry

pdhenry Oh, my aching back

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Are you trying to rent from the TiVo or at Amazon.com?

On the TiVo, if you have a PIN (or maybe even if you don't) you should see an option for a forgotten PIN. You are then prompted for (a) your amazon account email, (b) your amazon account password, and (c) your TiVo.com account password. All of this gets you to a screen where you can enter a new PIN.

You don't need a PIN to order from the Amazon.com site, at least not if your TiVo is shown as being registered at Amazon.

3. T*i*V*o

T*i*V*o New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Thank you for replying. I have been working 3 nights and sleeping for the past 4 days, so this is my first chance getting back to Tivo.

I have tried the way of the forgotten pin number, will try again.

I did order an movie for Unbox from Amazon and did not need a pin number there. I have Unbox loaded and running, but do not see my movie on the Unbox or on Tivo.

Any help is much appreciated.

4. T*i*V*o

T*i*V*o New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Problem finally resolved after many E-mails to Amazon. Unbox has got to be easier to figure out if the general public is going to use it.

Watched my movie, it was fine. I watched my first one on my computer. It took 4 1/2 hrs to download for a 2 hr movie.

Just rented my next movie on Tivo DVR, which it will probably take just as long.

Amazon was great, we must of had at least 8 e-mails to resolve my problem of Pin number, & finding my movie. If someone can't answer your question, someone else will, just keep E-mailing Amazon.