how to exclude program?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Newbie, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Newbie

Newbie Member

Jan 19, 2002
    I have some auto record on category-only wish list. They record all the programs I want plus some extra ones I don't want.

Is there a way to explicitly exclude the programs (by title keywords) I don't want?

Ideally, each wish list can have an attached "exception lists" (won't record).

2. [NG]Owner

[NG]Owner Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Kansas City
    I'd really like to know the answer to this too.

I can't stand D'Onofrio and my Law & Order wishlist seems to always get some Criminal Intent.

[NG]Owner

3. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    You can give that particular program :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: but that will take time for the TiVo to adjust, if at all.

There is no specific way to exclude anything, at all.

4. Eitel

Eitel Active Member

Aug 25, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    If you just want some specific programs you know off, why just don't set up a Season Pass?

That's the point of the wishlist. It records everything that have the keywords you set.

5. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Check your To Do list every so often and cancel the recordings you don't want.

Giving the show thumbs down won't stop an Always Record Wishlist from recording, it will only lessen the chance of that show getting recorded as a suggetstion.

phox

6. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Yeah - Thumbs do nothing at all to Wishlists. And using three thumbs down *ever* is dangerous. Remember, you're rating not just that program, but any actors, directors, genres, etc, associated with it. So you can really poison a lot of shows being too aggressive with thumbs down.

One thumb down is enough to keep a show from being recorded as a Suggestion. TiVo never records shows with a negative rating as a Suggestion.

There is no 'exclude' functionality for Wishlists - and this is a common request. There used to be an advanced wishlist capability accessible with backdoors, but TiVo locked that down a while back. I'd love to see it enabled again, it was more like a Boolean search function.