How to delete recordings from list view

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Idz21, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Idz21

Idz21 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Anyone know of a shortcut to delete shows from list view without having to individually go into each one? I have 120 TiVo suggestions that I want to delete and having to go into each one is taking forever.

2. shadowcat1017

shadowcat1017 New Member

May 26, 2011
    Hit the clear button at the bottom left of the remote and it'll delete the show without even asking you if you're sure. I just did this yesterday to clear out over 40 shows. Of course, if you get a little button happy and accidentally delete something, it'll be in the Recently Deleted folder for you to recover it.

3. Idz21

Idz21 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Awesome thank u very much!!! Much quicker :)

4. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    Also if you are using the group view, you can delete a whole folder at once using the clear button. It will prompt you for confirmation in this case, however.

5. whompus60

whompus60 Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Dothan, AL.
    My wife doesn't seem to like to delete anything. So about once or twice a month I use kmttg and go in and clean up things. Seems a lot faster that way.

6. Idz21

Idz21 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Ah yes, good tip!
    what's kmttg?

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    There's another very old thread in the main forum about someone whose wife won't delete recordings.

8. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    You can delete shows w/kmttg? How so? I've missed that somehow.

9. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    For Series 4 TiVos only once you enable "ipad communication" option under kmttg config->TiVos tab for a Series 4 unit (which enables the iPad remote tab) then you can select entries in Now Playing table and use keyboard "delete" button to delete the shows from the TiVo. FWIW you can also select an entry in table and use "space" bar to start playback of that show on your TiVo. (Make sure you are using recent/latest version of kmttg). The kmttg Wiki documentation on iPad remote has more information on the iPad protocol related capabilities as a whole.