How to convert Season Passes to HD?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Papageno, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005

Advertisements

I don't see a way to do it under "modify the Season Pass"-- these Season Passes were created with my old Series 2, BTW, and now I have a Premiere. I transferred them via the TiVo website.

Do I have to delete the old Season Passes and recreate them or something (what a PitA that would be)? What am I missing?

2. mishafp

mishafp Member

Nov 7, 2006
    The season passes are set to the channel you have them on. Assuming you weren't using your HD channels with your Series 2, you have to create all new passes. If you were recording off of the HD channels, then you don't need to change anything.

For example, lets say your local channel 4 is NBC SD, whereas your local channel 204 is NBC HD, if your original season pass was for channel 4, your Premiere will be in SD, whereas if you original season pass was for channel 204, it will now be in HD.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The easier way to re-create season passes is to go to Season Pass Manager and:

1. Press select on the season pass you want to change.
    2. Select View upcoming episodes
    3. Select the upcoming episodes on the channel you intend to set.
    4. Create Season Pass.
    5. You should then be back at the upcoming episodes list (if not, go back to #1)
    6. Select the episode on the old channel
    7. Remove Season Pass (could be in More Options)

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    If you are using the HD UI you can modify the season pass to the correct channel number, if the show is currently in the guide on that channel.

If you are using the SD UI you will need to follow the steps above to recreate them.

5. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL

Advertisements

Didn't the website give you the option to select the channel at the time of the transfer?

6. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    That is pretty much what it does.

7. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    I guess I didn't see it. Thanks for the replies. The "view upcoming episodes" method works pretty well if there are some to list. Not the case, alas, with Breaking Bad and Mad Men. Gotta do those the hard way.

8. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    With those shows not in the Guide Data, setup an Auto Record Wish List using the Title keywords. Once they start airing, setup the Season Pass (if you want).

9. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    "If I want"? Are you kidding me? We're talking about two of the best dramas on TV! Of course I want!

(I know you meant that the wishlist would take care of it without needing to set up the SPs--just messing around.)