How to cancel Direct TV?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by phecksel, Sep 19, 2007.

1. phecksel

phecksel Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Owned unit, not leased (originally got it in 2004)
    Pay monthly by check
    Account paid through sometime next month

Should I wait until the day of or day before the the next payment is due? I don't want to be battling with or playing CSR roulette.

2. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    If you really want to cancel do it now and have them send you a refund check.

3. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Shouldn't matter when you cancel. They'll give you credit back for unused days. Just call, it's not difficult to cancel.

4. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Most were expected to sign for an extended contract..
    If you were fortunate enough to get around a contract then you can cancel at anytime... Be it by phone or online...
    Those that had a contract were required to pay the unused time...

5. phecksel

phecksel Member

Oct 10, 2003
    My S3 Tivo should be here Friday, and hopefully the antenna will also show up Friday. Give me the weekend to get things set up and a week overlap.

Looked at what we were actually watching, and it was almost all network, with 2 must see non network shows. Those two must see shows cost $60, and are not worth it.

6. Scott40

Scott40 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    hehehe, be thankful it's not AOL!

7. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    +1

8. phecksel

phecksel Member

Oct 10, 2003
    I had a compuserve account since early 90's. Cancelled it in 2003. They were begging me to stay, offered free AOL account, all kinds of things...sorry not interested :) They did cancel without any issues.