HOW RECORD HOME MOVIES ON TIVO?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by rcdavis, Aug 9, 2017.

1. rcdavis

rcdavis New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    When I got a new Tivo, I started using my old Toshiba RS-TX60 just for recording and playing back home movies. Not all Tivo's support home movie recording from DV Camcorders.

I am now unable to record home movies, and at the same time, the TX60 will no longer allow me to set an end time for recording home movies. Does anyone know if this might be due to my no longer connecting to the Tivo server, and not using a cable box, both of which should not be necessary to record home movies? Does Tivo disable units that are not connecting to their server?

Has anyone experienced a Stop Button hardware failure that caused home recordings to become dysfunctional?

Rather than have my RS-TX60 be complete junk, there hopefully is a way to resume the transfer of my old home movies to the Tivo.

Any ideas are appreciated!

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Does your Toshiba have any kind of current subscription to the TiVo Service?

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I would suspect the fact that you don't (?) have it setup to make service connections.

Scott

4. rcdavis

rcdavis New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Yes, I do have a Lifetime Subscription. It would seem like Tivo would allow that to be operable, though it would probably not occur to them that I have one of only three models that can make home movies.

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    and what Herronscott is saying is that even lifetime machines need to check in with the mothership to reaffirm their status and get updates as needed, connect your unit to the Tivo servers and force a service connection and see if that resolves your issues.