How much would you be willing to pay for a Premiere Q?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by innocentfreak, Jun 12, 2011.

How much would you be willing to pay for a 4 tuner TiVo

1. $99

13.8%
  2. $199

17.4%
  3. $299

16.9%
  4. $399

12.3%
  5. $499

8.7%
  6. No interest

30.8%
  1. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Based off the other thread, http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=471160, it is believed we will officially hear about the long rumored 4 tuner model this week at the Cable Show. Now there has been no leaks about a retail option, but if offered what would you be willing to pay for a 4 tuner model.

This is assuming the same price for lifetime and monthly.

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Nothing. If all they have to offer is 4 tuners there is no reason for me to buy one. Tivo would really have to do something to blow me away to ever get me to consider buying another one.

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I guess if they were offered at the same price as the current Premiere, it would cause me to finally upgrade my S2DT to a Premiere, but not my TivoHD.

4. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    0 I have a s3 and a premiere that gives me 4 tuners. Another reason I am still waiting for Tivo the fix the HDUI in the premiere before I buy another one.
    It could happen that they will sell the 4 tuner but 2 will not saying that will fix it later The s3 was sold saying that the mcard capability will by done later. Come to find that it could not done. The premiere was sold for the menu if in high diff. Lots people can not use it they have use the SDUI.
    It be doubtful the I would want one if they gave it to me with life time.

5. JimboG

JimboG New Member

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    If it has over the air reception superior to my original S3 TiVo and a finished, fast, reliable HD user interface I would pay $300.

If it doesn't tune free over the air HDTV I have no interest in this device at any price.

6. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    My guess is it won't have OTA support since it was designed for MSOs. Also unless there are now chips that offer more tuners per chip, TiVo would have to drop the 2 OTA tuners to keep the two chip design.

7. kazz244

kazz244 Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maybe a 4 tuner model with dual outputs so you could do picture-in-picture. Not much interest otherwise.

8. aridon

aridon Member

Aug 31, 2006
    None, two tuners is ample for us.

9. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Less than $99 for me!

A nominal amount, up to $60 or so, maybe. Those sub rates are high enough to cover a few cents of basic hardware.

10. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    For me to buy one, it would have to be priced around or under $400, and allow the MSD. Also would have to have 4 cable tuners AND 4 OTA tuners (VERY close to dropping cable Tv).

11. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    ZERO
    I wouldn't give TiVo another single DOLLAR if they can't ever get the Premiere NON-Q running correctly (no more bugs, lockups, full and customizable and FAST HDUI). In fact, I would find it extremely insulting that they even offer another model before then.

Besides, I can count on ONE HAND the times I have needed or wanted more than recording two things at once over the last decade. It would take many, many hands to count the other missing features that I could use and want and how often THEY would be used.

12. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005
    I have two Premiere's and love them both. Between the two, I already have 4 tuners. What I would like is a software update that treats the 2 units as one. So, it grabs whatever tuners it needs from either box, and the My Shows list on both boxes is the same, and it just streams on the fly between boxes. All this should be optional, of course. You would need to go into the software and "pair" the two boxes.

13. Follow Who?

Follow Who? New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Virginia...
  14. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    Indiana
    The same price that I pay for my cable co DVR, $16.95/month. IMO it's more likely to be a rental box from the cable co than it is to be a user owned model.

15. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Look up the original article or even just my quote from the other thread. When it was originally announced back in 2010 TiVo said a retail version was possible but it would probably not include MoCa.

This isn't even the official announcement. On top of that just like the RCN TiVo and virgin TiVo it would very likely use the same software the Premiere uses. It would just have different tuner chips and possibly a different broadcom chip.

16. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    No interest. I want the Premiere I own to work right first, and then maybe we can talk about future Tivos.

17. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Logistically speaking, I don't need it. 2 tuners in each Premiere I have works perfectly for our viewing habits. I have never not been able to see a show I wanted to because a Tivo couldn't pick it up which is rare anyway. As it is we still have and entire season of stuff to watch from this last season and probably about 30 movies. So I don't want more stuff to watch.

Now, as far as Tivo the company is concerned, they would have to pull off a miracle to get another cent out of me. After 3 wonderful S2's these 2 Premieres are a daily pain in the rear and I've never seen a company do so little to correct such a huge mistake. So my answer is "no interest" and that applies to any Tivo product.

18. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Member

Nov 28, 2002
    Zero Point Zero Dollars. My TiVo goodwill has almost completely evaporated and will remain at a low ebb until they FINISH the Premiere.

19. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    I have no interest in having multiple dual tuner boxes that have no way to stream programming back and forth, have a unified now playing list, or can intelligently resolve tuner conflicts between devices. Not to mention paying a different sub for each box.

I'll GLADLY trade in my two dual tuner premiers for a single Premiere Q for $299 and 2-3 extender boxes IF they are around $99 for each box and NO monthly sub. This would essentially resolve my biggest beefs with juggling multiple TiVos.

20. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Depends. Will it stream to my existing Premier? If so, I might be willing to get one to replace my Premier and move my existing Premier into the back room to be exclusively a streaming client. If not, I wouldn't even think about it.