How many Tivo's do you have?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by AbMagFab, Sep 13, 2007.

How many *active*, non-DirecTV Tivo's do you have?

1. Just 1

36 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. I have 2, and love them

77 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Life is more fun with 3 Tivo's

75 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. You can do more with 4 Tivo's

21 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. I spend all day watching my 5+ Tivo's

32 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001

Advertisements

My wife and friends say I'm weird, which might be true, but this time it was in reference to the number of Tivo's I have.

Excluding DirecTV Tivo's, how many Tivo's do you have?

(I have 6 Tivo's, +1 paid for my mother... +8 DirecTV Tivo's, but those are pretty much disconnected now.)

2. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I don't even understand how you have time to watch the content on those, unless they're used by a large family or something. Never mind trying to keep track of the Season Passes! :)

I have 2, but the old one (Series 2) is used only by my son and wife. I use the Series 3.

3. blhirsch

blhirsch Tivo-riffic!

Mar 1, 2003
    6, if you count the ones that are not currently in service.

3, if you do.

Four DirecTivos total, two in service, the other two acquired in the event that I need one for parts. (Didn't know how long I'd be able to get parts, and since my tivos are "enhanced," I wanted extra assurance--and extra clickers--I could use them as long as I wanted so long as DirecTV still supported the Tivo. I got them off craigslist for less than the price of the remote.)

One series1 SVR2000, out of service as of this week when I transferred new lifetime to the....

One TivoHD. Currently on lifetime service, still waiting for Verizon to enable my video port so I can get going on it and cancel DirecTV.

4. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    4 in service - 2 s3's, a TivoHD, and an old series 1 with lifetime.

I also have 2 directivos that are now dosconnected.

5. superleo

superleo Member

Sep 14, 2005

Advertisements

1 S1 Tivo, 3 S1 DirecTivos and 3 S2 DirecTivos all hacked, MRV, HMO and archiving capable.

I'm still hopeful that Tivo will amend with D and will come up with a mpg4 HD DirecTivo, then I'll probably add antother two of those.

6. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...

Three alive and kicking with a new S3 planned for MRV when it comes. One S2 is my daughters in her room, and S3 in our lounge and another S2 in the family room. Two cover the programming for myself and my wife with three tuners being required in total and the other covers my daughters needs with Kidzone.

MRV will allow me to upgrade the bedroom TV to HD and replace the current SD video distribution system with a dedicated TiVo. The new year may see one more as we have a baby on the way and the nursery may need a TV.

I guess the point is I can't have a TV without a TiVo to drive it. It's not really about how much TV you need to record, its more about how many TV's you have.

There are also two more not in service, a DTiVo and an S1.

7. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You should add a poll to this thread.

I've got 3. Max I've had at once was 4.

8. Jerry Keller

Jerry Keller Go USA!

Jan 27, 2001
    SoCal, USA
    Seven. 3 active ones, two Series 1s in the closet, and two Series 2s ready to go into the closet of old stuff.

9. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    6 in my house: S3, THD, Humax DRT 800, S2DT and 2x540.

I also pay the bill for my parents S2DT and my sisters 240 (that's currently sitting in storage, but she assures me that she'll set it back up soon!).

It basically works out to 1 tivo per TV in the house. I'm a pretty extensive user of MRV, with the coming of MRV to the S3/THD platforms I may have to shuffle things a little bit, and may drop a box or two at that point.

And yes, everyone I know thinks I'm weird.

10. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    I've got 3:

- Series 2 w/ Lifetime
    - THD w/ MSD
    - Retired Series 2 in the closet

11. superleo

superleo Member

Sep 14, 2005
    These are IT!! you can't have a TV with out a tivo, and by having MRV you have what ever you want, when ever you want and any where you want it to watch it.

MRV is use alot in our house, it doesn't matter where you record it you have access to it, furthermore, if you really want to keep it you can save it to DVD.

12. alansplace

alansplace ------ Alan ------

Apr 30, 2006
    Southern...
    yesterday i had 5 TiVos, today only 4. actually only 3 are active. concerning the other 2, one is a series 2 540 and i gave it to a close friend yesterday, the other is a series 2 640 DT, and it will soon be given to my oldest son for his house. the 3 active ones are a 540 in my youngest son's room and 2 TiVo HDs in the family room. anyway i answered the poll with 3, to be as accurate as possible.
    --
    Alan :D

13. gayste

gayste Love TiVo!

Feb 27, 2002
    Alexandria, VA
    2 S3's in use (transfered lifetime from the 2 S2's below)
    1 pioneer dvd S2 in use (to go away when mrv/ttg comes!)
    1 S2 out of service

14. drew00001

drew00001 New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I think my old S1 ran away, so that leaves me with one.

I leant the S1 to a friend when I bought my S3. He leant it to someone else (without asking), and I doubt I'll ever see it again.

I just checked Tivo.com, and the S1 is still on my account. The 1 year service is coming to an end. I am looking forward to hearing how "what's his name" reacts when the Tivo service suddenly ends.

15. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I currently have 2 Series 3 TiVo's and 1 Comcrap DVR hooked up to Comcast cable. I OWN 2 more Series 1 TiVos that I gave to my Brother and 2 DirecTiVo boxes that are sitting in boxes in my garage waiting for some lucky recipient.

Overall my S3's have been all but FLAWLESS for the last few months since I removed a Ground Breaker from the line. I wish PPV and ON DEMAND were available directly from the S3 but otherwise, I have no complaints. Anymore. The PQ is great and the reliability is great (now) even with two external eSATA drives hooked up. I'm a happy camper once again in TiVo heaven. :)

16. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    I have seven active with the smallest @ 600+ hours. 3-S2DT, 1 S3, 1 DRT800, 1 SDH400, 1 SVR3000. I have about 7 more inactive and an additional 3-4 for parts.
    BTW, I have no life!

17. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Three Series3 boxes.
    Two TiVoHD boxes.
    Plus I still have 3 DirecTV HDTiVos I still need to sell that I'm not using.

18. JJ

JJ TiVoPlantation Owner

Jul 14, 2000
    Land of...
    Active:
    Series1 lifetimed, so the answer to the poll question is one

Inactive:
    Five Series1 in various states of disrepair
    Two Series2 given by friends
    Ten DirecTV boxes, all disconnected

Used to have nine but now its one, TiVo simply lost out as better boxes became available without high monthly fees...

19. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I have 3 active boxes. I also own about 20 inactive Series2 and D*tivo units. (When you don't know how many you have, is that enough?)

20. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Active
    Lifetime
    Series 3 (1TB) 2 Moto SCards
    Series 3 (250GB w/ 750GB external) 2 Moto SCards
    Tivo HD (160GB) Moto MCard and analog/QAM (not at the same time)
    Tivo HD (750GB) Moto MCard
    Series 2 240 (40GB) (primarily for camera use)

Monthly
    Series 2 DT (500GB)
    Series 2 DT (80GB)

DirecTivo
    HR10-250
    HDVR2

Inactive or Rarely used
    HR10-250 (DirecTV) (subbed, unused)
    Series 2 540
    Series 1 (Phillips) (monthly service active)
    Series 1 (Sony) lifetime
    Series 2 Humax DVD
    Tivo HD #3

Had two more active subs (the 1 year boxes from the S3 transfers, but just canceled them). If/when MRV/TTG become active on the Series 3 platform boxes, I will retire and/or replace the DT boxes with THD boxes.

Also have various parts boxes and a semi-dedicated PC for TD and TTG storage, 2 unused LT gift subs waiting for Series 4 boxes, and various wired (the Series 3 platform boxes) and wireless (mostly Tivo wireless G) adapters on two different networks/accounts.

I really wish Tivo had cooperative scheduling :)