How many times have you had a clear NPL?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sushikitten, Jan 17, 2006.

How many times have you had a clear NPL?

1. Never.

56 vote(s)
    65.9%
  2. Once.

16 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. A few times.

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. All the time.

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Just out of curiosity, how many times have you ever seen a clean Now Playing List--NOT counting when it was fresh out of the box? I can only remember one in recent memory, and that was when hubby was in Iraq.

ETA: Otherwise, for the past four years, there's always been SOMETHING on it. The occasion was so momentous that I took a picture of it!!

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I always have some stuff on there simply because i have a few things i keep that i watch or listen to like once a month.

3. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    Once or Twice. Middle of the summer during re-runs.

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    When I purposely did it down to change some things. And even at that I didn't completely wipe it before I did a C&DE.

5. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    One time for each Tivo. The day I hooked it up.

6. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Never! It's rare for me to even have enough room for Suggestions. I haven't had an empty Tivo since I got it.

7. lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Once or twice, when I first got TiVo and didn't have nearly enough season passes set up or suggestions turned on. I cured that about 6 months into owning the TiVo.

8. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    mmmmm another poll that I can't answer cuz I don't think any of the answers apply. I've had a clear list several times. But in every one of those instances it was because of an upgrade or troubleshooting. Other than that No always something there.

9. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    I answered a few times as it happened when I only had the one 40 hour TiVo and keeping up with the watching was important.

now with 4 TiVos around the house I deliberately record things like Law & Order or latenight talk shows or SNL that I may not watch for weeks if at all - but they are they when I want to.

10. DaveLessnau

DaveLessnau Love My TiVo!

Nov 10, 2000
    USA
    We've had a clear NPL *A LOT* lately. Since we've been with TiVo darn near the beginning, by now we've watched pretty much all the old stuff that's any good. Almost nothing produced these days is worth watching. Basically, this leads to Dave's First Rule of TiVo: "If there's nothing on your TiVo, you KNOW there's nothing on TV."

11. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    That would leave right after a hard drive replacement for me.

12. mbernste

mbernste Active Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Piscataway, NJ
    Often my now playing list is empty. There are various times in the year (like the holiday season, summer) where I simply have watched everything on my now playing list.

13. bsnelson

bsnelson Mid-life anti-crisis in progress TCF Club

Oct 30, 1999
    Allen, TX, USA
    All of the machines in my sig are "slap a$$ed full" and always are.

Brad

14. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Same for me.. Even with expanded Tivos, I'm still losing recordings every now and then.. even when I get a bunch of Suggestions piled up, sometimes I'm out later than I think, or annoyingly, a new show is added to To Do list after I thought I have cleared out everything that will record. (I know it'll add things -- sometimes I forget to check a while after deleting the previous contents for example.) I'm going to have my DVR/DVD Recorder working again tonight hopefully so I can offload some stuff this weekend.