How low is your TiVo?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Dec 17, 2007.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

This strike sucks. I'm down to half a Prison Break episode on the hi-def Comcast dvr. I've got about five previously viewed Doctor Who's, two Everybody Hates Chris episodes and a handful of Food Channel shows on the standard def TiVo. The to-do lists on both are pretty pathetic.

2. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I am not running low at all. I have about 60 How Its Made, 100 cooking shows, this season of Beauty & The Geek and Life is Wild... and that's just what I can remember on ONE tivo.

3. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I got nothin' but suggestions. Time to watch those DVDs I've been meaning to get to.

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I've gone about it all wrong.

I have lots of things in there, but they are all old favorites that I want to keep handy for reviewing. Like 30 episodes of The Office and a whole first season of Rockstar and Narnia and 25 South Parks and all of the great Seinfelds. I need to invest in some DVD's.
    So while I have three DVR's packed nearly full ( and one with a huge hard drive) I have nothing new to watch.

5. bqmeister

bqmeister New Member

May 12, 2006

Advertisements

I don't have Tivo, but my DVR has is quite full:

Available: 257.91 GB
    Used: 1211.79 GB
    Total Video Content: 578.37hrs

If I watched 3 hours of TV a day, I'd be watching TV for 192 days straight.

Granted, probably half of that is programming for my kids, but still, I'm not hurting yet.

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I've still got tons of stuff. We just got caught up on CSI over the weekend and are now working on Smallville. After that, we've got the full season (to date) of Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money and several episodes of House. Add in all the other stuff we record that isn't on strike (cable type stuff) and I don't think we'll be running out any time soon.

7. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Not much. I still have a bit of movies to watch.

I might try to get most of my SPs to the other (Lifetimed) TiVo (currently just overflow), and cancel the monthly (mostly as a ploy to to get the MSD I should, or at least to get the MSD they offer.)

8. jon01

jon01 Member

Jan 4, 2005
    long...
    i'm going to have to check hbo/showtime/encore for movies now. i have a feeling unbox going to do well from now till shows start up again.

- Jon

9. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    You have a lifetimed unit and are paying full price for your sub on a second TiVo? They'll correct that with one quick phone call. In fact, when that happened to me, they refunded the difference for the three months they overcharged me.

10. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Everytime I see this thread, I think "How low is it...to the ground?" :D One of mine is about a foot off the ground, one is on the top of an armoire, and one is on top of a dresser balanced on top of a TV.

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I was trying to be cute and make a rhyme.

12. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I finally ran out of Conan O'Brien shows last night, some of which had been sitting around since May. That leaves me with about an hour and a half of "Cash Cab: After Dark," a few episodes of "The Price is Right" (started recording after the strike), and about a week's worth of "Crosswords."

So I have a few hours of game shows but otherwise it's pretty empty.

13. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    it's used to be really low and my 6.3e machine has stopped recording suggestions faithfully so i have no idea how much space i have left...thankfully most series have stopped so id guess we are down to 75% full or so on that machine and probably the same on the 3.1 machine

the hr20 is at 38% available...a very high number for us

14. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    We couldn't keep up with everything on our S2DT, so I offloaded a ton of stuff to our PC to prepare for the strike.

We have about 5-6 episodes of each of the following:

House
    Bones
    Boston Legal
    Bionic Woman
    Brothers and Sisters
    Ugly Betty

Plus, Idol starts soon, as well as whatever was/is in the can for Terminator. We'll do ok for a while.

15. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I have today's episode of The Price is Right. That's it. :D

16. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    1 Family Guy (from last night)
    3 Pushing Daisies (no motivation to watch 'em... Guess the whimsy did get old)
    3 Backyardigans (my kid's 3 fav episodes on never delete)

...and a bunch of stuff in Recently Deleted. ;)

I get a (week-) daily dose of new-to-me Las Vegas episodes. Other than those, not much is going on.

17. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Family Guy wasn't new last night.

18. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    We have nearly 2 months of recordings to go through.

We just finished the previous years recordings when this year's season started.

19. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    Xfiles (38)
    Madmen (13)
    Project Runway (5)
    RepoMen (3)

20. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    We have between 3-6 episodes of just about every SP that we have. Only a handful of shows right now that we keep up-to-date on (e.g. Survivor). I'd say about 22-24 shows x 3-6 episodes each.