How long will the times display wrong?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Papageno, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005

Advertisements

This is on a Tivo branded Series 2 (about 4.5 years old). I saw the message from TiVo about the times displaying wrong (but still recording the shows when they're actually on) on the evening of March 10th, but even yesterday everything the unit was reporting a record time of an hour before it actually did record it, i.e., if a show was actually at 7 PM DST, it said it was recording at 6 and so on.

BTW I should add that I swapped out the hard drive in this unit with a replacement from Weaknees just this last Tuesday.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Probably until the first Sunday in April, unless it gets the DST fix.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Woah, I thought that the S2 didn't have this problem.. Can't the S2 do a similar fix that is in store for S1?

4. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    You probably need to make sure that you have the most recent software update (8.1.something, IIRC).

All of my S2's are displaying normally.

5. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts

Advertisements

Mine are all normal too. There was a few hours when they were off but it was corrected rather quickly and I didn't miss any recordings.

6. JacksTiVo

JacksTiVo TiVo User since 2001

Jan 7, 2006
    New Jersey
    Force connections to the TiVo service several times. Since you recently changed out your hard drive you probably do not have the latest software update. I changed my hard drive a couple of weeks ago and although it had version 8.1, I forced several updates and 8.1a with the daylight savings time fix was loaded.