How long until Tivo changes guide for OTA channel to post-repack frequency?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ncbill, May 15, 2020.

1. ncbill

ncbill Active Member TCF Club

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    So supposedly today the repack finishes in my area with the last OTA station (CBS affiliate, 2-1 through 2-5) switching from frequency 51 to 35.

But the channel guide still only has entries for the old frequency (51)...no duplicates like I've seen in the past when other stations changed frequency...i.e. both the old (51) & new (35) frequencies would be mapped to channels 2-1 through 2-5...you'd deselect the old frequency & select the new frequency for each main & sub-channel manually on the channels list.

Is there a way to let Tivo know when this occurs or am I just stuck waiting until they change it on their end...hoping not to have to wait until end of Phase 10. :)

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    My experience has been that TiVo doesn't fix matters proactively--it seems to wait to hear from users that there is an issue, and only then goes into action. (Nice, huh?) I'd let them know, either via phone, chat, or their reporting page (I've used the latter 2 methods).

line-up report page: Tivo Customer Support Community

Post-reporting, it's taken anywhere from 2 to 5 days for TiVo to fix matters, for me.

3. ncbill

ncbill Active Member TCF Club

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    Well, they added the new frequency to the channel list overnight so I just switched channels by selecting the new frequency and de-selecting the old...kudos to Tivo!

Mikeguy and unclehonkey like this.