How long should it take for the guide to catch up with a channel rescan?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by gfretwell, Mar 21, 2020.

1. gfretwell

gfretwell ReplayTV refugee

Jul 9, 2016
    SW Florida
    Here in Ft Myers Florida they are working their way through upgrading all of the stations and each one requires rescanning the channel. When they did Channel 22, the scan shows both but the guide only lists the one that is now not used. The other, that actually has the programs, says to be announced. That means the record function, the thing I bought the Tivo for, is useless. It has been like this for almost 2 weeks. I do a connect a few times a day, hoping Tivo will get on the ball but no joy.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
  3. gfretwell

Jul 9, 2016
    SW Florida
    How do I know which tuner I am using. One has ch 22-5 with one set of number, the other 22-5 with different numbers.

4. gfretwell

Jul 9, 2016
    SW Florida
    It is also pretty frustrating that I can't even use manual record to get the shows I want. It only gives the option of the bad channel. The guide shows two 22-5s but the manual record only shows one, the one with the programs in it that is really dead.

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Add the channel that is working to your channels list. (Checkmark it)
    You can add both, then tune to the one with no picture, then press Select (brings up Mini guide), press Left to the channel column, Select again, Remove channel.

Tune to the working channel, then go to Settings/ help / (around here) / Diagnostics... ChDn to where the channel is listed, and it will show the frequency for the tuned channel (s).

6. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    What station are you referring to?
    Are you referring to WGPS-LD, which **use** to broadcast on RF22 and mapped to 22-X, but now is on RF21 (still maps to 22-X) with Cozi, GetTv, Buzzr, etc

or WGCU which **use** to be on RF31 and mapped to 30-X but recently moved to RF22 and is the PBS affiliate

I assume you are referring to WGPS-LD. If so then as noted above you need to report the change. Easiest thing to do is fill out the form and in the comments write something like "WGPS-LD (whatever the callsign shows in the Tivo guide) recently moved from RF22 to RF21. This affects (callsign) 22-1 (you can list all the stations but once they change one the others should follow too)"