How long does it take for TiVo to ship replacement hardware?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by nenarek, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Sep 5, 2020 #1 of 24
    nenarek

nenarek New Member

May 28, 2014

Advertisements

How long does it take TiVo to ship replacement hardware. On 8/31 I set up advanced replacement of a failed TiVo Bolt. The charge for the replacement hardware has already hit my credit card. I called TiVo and it hasn’t shipped, and the support rep didn’t know when it would ship.

Does anyone have any idea how long it normally takes to get replacement hardware from TiVo? I wasn’t expecting to see a credit card charge before they shipped my hardware.

2. Sep 5, 2020 #2 of 24
    NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    if they actually charged your card before they shipped the equipment (not a pre-authorization), you should dispute the charge with your bank - it's not how it's supposed to be handled, and tivo deserves it.

3. Sep 5, 2020 #3 of 24
    Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Lets remember that shipping has been slowed down for everyone due to the COVID.

4. Sep 5, 2020 #4 of 24
    NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al

5. Sep 5, 2020 #5 of 24
    nenarek

nenarek New Member

May 28, 2014

Advertisements

It looks like it was a pending charge that dropped off but I’m still wondering when I will get the hardware.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  6. Sep 5, 2020 #6 of 24
    Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I understood that it hasn't shipped from Tivo yet, but my point of COVID being to blame is still valid because maybe the shipper isn't able to pick it up yet.

7. Sep 6, 2020 #7 of 24
    NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    could you please provide a link showing package & mail pickups are being delayed due to covid-19? this is the first i've heard of it. o_O

8. Sep 6, 2020 #8 of 24
    tommiet

tommiet Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2005
    TiVo probably does not have the inventory to ship. They are waiting for more returns to box back up and ship out.....

The Covid-19 delivery causing the delay is pure BS. I've seen ZERO delivery delays in ANYTHING I have ordered online this summer. I'm with NorthAlabama on this one.. Can't believe I said that. :D

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    NorthAlabama and mschnebly like this.
  9. Sep 6, 2020 #9 of 24
    NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    lol! :)

the deal with pickups is that it's what generates income for package shipping - no pickups, no income - so, whatever the delays may or may not be once a package is in the system, i'll pretty much guarantee pickups will always be on time. ;)

10. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I don't have links but they talked about it in the news at the beginning of the year. Even Amazon Prime shipping rarely gets there in 2 days because of the virus. I'm calling BS on everyone that says they haven't experienced a shipping delay.

compnurd likes this.
  11. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    the question was about pickups, not shipping delays - you're changing the subject.

12. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I ordered a mattress from Casper this summer and it was delayed due to COVID-19. They don’t have the same manpower in their warehouse and the vendor who normally does the in-house installation for customers is no longer doing it. So delivery from Casper to vendor to home is now from Casper right to the customer. I got one half of my bed frame on Wednesday and the other half on Saturday.

trip1eX likes this.
  13. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Yup. Same. I have had delays with shipping/pickup delays from yankee candle. Adidas Disney. Untuckit And several other sites. What would take less then a day to ship is taking 2 weeks in some cases and me getting a tracking number 3-4 days before the pickup

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  14. tommiet

Oct 28, 2005
    Typical... Not an issue with the shipper, but an issue with the seller getting the product to the shipper. Once that's done, shipping time is probably not that different than before Covid-19.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  15. tommiet

Oct 28, 2005
    I'm talking about the actual shipping time from when the seller gets the product to the shipper. The Covid-19 delay is the seller getting the product to the shipper. In most cases, my mail has come everyday and and packages ordered were delivered in less than 4 days once the shipper gets the product. I have had delays in getting stuff, but the delay was not due to SHIPPING, it was a sellers issue due to stock or lack of help (Covid-19 issues.) That is NOT a shipping issue.

You can't blame UPS for taking 2 weeks to deliver packages when the seller has not processed the order for them to pick up. UPS/USPS is not taking 2 weeks to deliver any package....

Soo... IMO... Covid-19 has had very little affect on shipping times for me. Delays in getting some stuff.. YES. But again, that't not a shipping issue.

16. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I should’ve added in that UPS got both of my bad frame parts on the same day but only shipped the one part. I actually had to call Casper who rerouted me to UPS to get them to release the other half. Not sure who dropped the ball there but seems likely UPS based on the tracking info.

17. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005

USPS products and packages may require more time to be delivered due to limited transportation availability as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 impacts.

Apr 17, 2020•FAQ”

Coronavirus impact: Major shipping delays anger UPS customers

Title of link article -“Coronavirus impact: Major shipping delays anger UPS customers”

18. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    BAM! See there are shipping delays.

19. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    There is a warning on eBay also to not use the postal service due to delivery delays

20. nenarek

nenarek New Member

May 28, 2014
    UPDATE: Another week without the replacement TiVo.