How I met your mother - New Season Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Donbadabon, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
  2. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    November 19...perfect for sweeps.

3. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Here's how crazy my mind is working at this moment ...

When I saw the thread title, "How I met your mother - New Season Spoilers", I immediately got excited and said to my self, "Ooh, I hope the news it that HIMYM will be followed by The Class again!" Then, before I even clicked the thread to open it, I said to myself, "Duh, that would not be a spoiler about HIMYM, that would be a thread of an entirely different subject. Idiot. Got all excited for nothing." And then I was depressed. :(

But then I read that Slap Bet is back, baby, and I'm all good again! :D

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    How lost have I been? I never watched Doogie Hauser, but it took me watching Chelsey Handler's new show to find out that Swarley - well, let's say he isn't so much different than his black, gay brother after all (and I'm not inferring that he's black :))??? I'll have to see if that takes the edge off of his character for me. How long has that been known?

5. FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Active Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    Apparently it's been an open secret for a long time. Neil Patrick Harris didn't officially come out until last November.

6. Aug 1, 2007 #6 of 11
    retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    It really made me appreciate his acting so much more... after finding out that he was acting so much more.

:D

7. Aug 7, 2007 #7 of 11
    newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    I never watched this show but am very interested in the title of it. So are these shows backstories on how someone met another persons mother or does the title have nothing to do with the show (which i hate when that happens)

8. Aug 7, 2007 #8 of 11
    TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    The "main character" is Ted. The show originally opened with future Ted (voiced by Bob Sagat) talking to his 2 teenage children, and telling them the story of how he met their mother. It was told in flashbacks to the present. They've severely cut back on the future Ted stuff, but it still shows up occassionally. The first episode was Ted meeting Robin, who the audience was meant to believe was Ted's future wife, based on the show's title. However, at the end of the episode, future Ted reveals that Robin is "Aunt Robin", and not their mother. Future Ted refers to all of his friends as aunts and uncles to the kids, so this does not mean Ted marries Robin's sister.

Other characters include Marshall and Lilly, a now-married couple who Ted lives with, and Barney, a suit-obsessed womanizer.

9. Aug 7, 2007 #9 of 11
    newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    impressive, i love shows that stick to the title....oh well i missed out on it. I just never thought there could be more than 1-2 eps about how I met someone :)

10. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    Trust us, the Future Ted stuff is not the reason that this show is so damn good. Many of us constantly call for them to remove the entire concept and just concentrate on the great writing among the present day characters.

11. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    This show is super genius. We love watching the reruns. It is well cast and the scripts are clever.