How I Met Your Mother - "Miracles" - 5/19/08

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nrrhgreg, May 20, 2008.

1. nrrhgreg

nrrhgreg Member

Aug 30, 2003

Advertisements

Interesting end to the season. I'm guessing that Stella's going to say no. And Barney loves Robin. That could be interesting next year if he keeps trying to hide it, but I don't know if I'd like Barney and Robin in a relationship.

My guess on what's going to happen though is that Barney moves in with Ted after Marshall and Lily move out. Robin then moves in with Barney, and that leads to the goat eating Robins towel at Ted's 31st birthday party.

2. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Interesting hypothesis. Weak finale IMHO. I was also expecting at some time for a slap to come into play (prior to the hospital).

3. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    I'm pretty confident at this point that they won't think to introduce us to the Mother until after the show is canceled. :mad:

4. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Not a great show but Robin looked particularly amazing in this episode.

And, once again, in the flashbacks, I was reminded of how much better Alysson looks as a redhead.

5. Mavrick22

Mavrick22 New Member

Feb 7, 2006

Advertisements

OMG!!!! Barney hit by a bus!
    I saw it coming and still could not believe it happened

6. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    At least he had the cast done right.

Frank

7. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I still don't think Stella is the mother.

8. Rosincrans

Rosincrans mad north-north-west

May 3, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree, it doesn't make a lot of sense. But I have to wonder if the show was written to reveal her as the mother if they got word they weren't coming back.

9. cl44

cl44 New Member

May 11, 2004
    I thought it was hilarious, I thought it was a great episode, but not a great finale. Marshall and his miracles, robin and the retriever to tortoise were great.

10. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    "I regret that I have but one gigantic head to give for my country." :D

We went through the flashbacks frame-by-frame (thanks TiVo!) after watching the episode. There are some funny stills in there. No clues to yellow umbrella lady though.

11. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    So did I. Most of them I recognized, but there was one; a woman who'd half climbed into a giant pot while cleaning it. I didn't recognize that one. (Or even who she was).

12. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I don't get how Stella could be the Mother without a serious oversight.

I mean, she has a child allready.

If we're suposed to beleive that he's telling this to his kids wouldn't they know allready.

13. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    My DirecTiVo hosed me, didn't record, invoking the 28-day rule. Must have been related to the thing in the Season Pass Alerts about a 1-minute shift in times. Got to watch on CBS.com. Good audio, jerking video. But, no commercials and I watched in real-time instead of downloading to watch later.

I'd be perfectly happy with Stella being Mom. I've never thought that the mother was a big secret thing that would bring the show crashing down. In the first season I thought Robin was the mother, didn't kill the show for me. Having years of fake "we made you think she was the mom but she wasn't" contrivances wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

The dog to turtle brain transplant must not be too great for turtles if it only lived another 7 years.

14. hapdrastic

hapdrastic Swarley

Mar 31, 2006
    Sir Scratchawan!

Also we watched the pencil-into-the-nose followed by "I'm not dead? I'm not dead?" several times. Hilarious. I had to pause/rewind I was laughing so hard.

15. Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US
    Plus, he keeps calling her Stella, when talking to the kids. My dad never called my mom "Mary" he just called her "your mom" or "your mother" when talking about her to me. I realize that some families may be different, and maybe Ted talks his kids about the kids' mom using her first name all the time, but the show is not called "How I Met Stella (Your Mother)".

16. Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US
    :up::up:

17. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    When are they going to reveal the fact that Barney is the mother?

18. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  19. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
  20. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL