How I Met Your Mother | "Landmarks" | 2011-05-09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markymark_ctown, May 10, 2011.

1. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town

Advertisements

what a b!tch...

2. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    She's kinda hot though.

3. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Robin called it. Still, it would've been nice to see a ninja kill Ted.

4. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA

Advertisements

Ted is a D-bag. All of the other characters are likeable and funny, Ted's pretentious, snobby, and not all that funny. The Zoey relationship shows he is kind of desperate to find a wife. I said in an earlier thread that Zoey was a stepping stone for Ted to become a respectable. Hopefully next season he's likeable.

5. Duffy Clan

Duffy Clan New Member

May 10, 2011
    ^Yes

6. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I may have imagined this, but at the beginning did Ted say "I love you, too", when Zoey hadn't said anything about love?

7. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    This episode just seemed like a competition between who was the bigger d-bag, Ted or Zoey. Apparently the real losers are the audience and the rest of their friends, because they both are mega d-bags!

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I noticed that too. Not sure it was intentional, since they never made an issue of it.

I'm just glad the Zoey stuff is over. I thought this was a pretty good season other than her.

9. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I had closed captioning on and she kissed him and said, "I love you." as she was sliding out of the booth. This was just before Robin read Barney's letter.

10. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I've been a fan since day 1, and am in no hurry to actually meet the mother.

But this show is losing me quickly. I struggled to make it through this episode, and the last few.

11. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I've felt that was since they added Zoey. Pretty girl, but the whole thread just kills the vibe and tone of the show.

12. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    The season finale, where major events are supposedly occuring, had better hit a grand slam. Otherwise I'm done with this series. Ted is such a d-bag that I'm pitying the poor woman who becomes the mother.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm hoping that the two-year renewal they just got will allow them to map out the story over the course of 44 episodes and wrap it up. I'm still watching because I enjoy the characters (except Ted) and it makes me laugh more often than not. But the mother stuff and the d-bag Ted stuff have long since lost my interest.

14. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Word to both these posts. I remember when I looked forward to this show more than any other comedy on. The decline is pathetic. :thumbsdown:

15. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    That's what I heard too. I think he was just returning her I love you.

16. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm definitely getting bored with this show. It seems the same thing over and over and nobody has really moved forward anywhere in years. I think the best episodes of the season was Barney meeting his biological dad. But then that got kind of stupid when Barney wanted him to party, and I was hoping that Barney would grow a bit. But no, still the same Barney. All the characters have gotten very stale. Ted is now a characature of earlier Ted, as they have completely played up his d-baggyness to the point where he's unlikable (which the Bob Saget version of Ted, really doesn't seem to be the same person). They have no clue what to do with Robin anymore. She seems to be there just to have a snarky comment or two a week. And Marshall and Lily have really just become typical tv married couple. I think, as much as it pains me to say it, they need to throw in the baby angle for them now to spice things up.

I still think it's funny most of the time, but the characters are just kind of boring now.

17. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    They are all characatures of their former selves. I still enjoy and watch the show but it definitely has lost the feeling that made me fall in love with it when I first started watching the Season 1 DVDs. Season 1 I put on the same level as some of my favorite romantic comedy movies. Now it has become a standard sitcom with goofy characters.

18. PrincessEspana

PrincessEspana New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Northern CT
    FYI, it is caricatures not characatures. I would have let it slide until a second person posted it spelt this way. xoxo :p

I still like the show, but they do need to evolve the characters.

19. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    My spell checker couldn't find the the right spelling so I left it :) I figured if you all knew what I meant, it's good :) There's a reason I never won a spelling bee!