How I Met Your Mother 2/13/2012 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by YCantAngieRead, Feb 14, 2012.

1. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003

Advertisements

Really???

Snooze.

This show has officially totally lost me.

2. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    another poor episode?

finally watched last week's ep over the weekend. that was a snoozer...

3. PrincessEspana

PrincessEspana New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Northern CT
    :thumbsdown: I hated it - absolutely hated it. I was hoping we were finally getting somewhere.. Robin marrying Kevin and Ted finding "the one" on the train.. Nope.. back to square one.

I am scared that although he refers to Robin as Aunt Robin, the writers are going to do something like they did with the pregnancy episode with Robin and Barney and have the kids not be real.

I am frustrated and lost that, "Woo hoo!! It is Monday" feeling that is now replaced with the "Well, I guess I will watch this now to clean out my watch list."

4. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    So is Barney going to marry the stripper?

5. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC

Advertisements

I liked this one, although as someone who grew up on Long Island and has been on the "drunk train" before... it's not that bad, it's not that good (;)), and those are jersey shore rejects, not long islanders.

The Ted/Robin "I love you" thing was stupid. Hopefully the next episode opens with Robin saying, "dude, you're single and it's the morning after Valentine's day and you didn't get any the night before. This is a textbook settling situation. I'm just going to forget you said that, and you should too. Now go to sleep."

6. PrincessEspana

PrincessEspana New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Northern CT
    I sure hope so!!!

7. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Absolutely. I've been on the drunk train, and it's not a party, it's a bunch of drunk people sleeping past their stops or getting sick.

And those people aren't even a good LI stereotype, they're *Jersey* stereotypes.

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Watch out... the Jersey folks here are going to think we think we're better than them. :D

9. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    :D

Not saying they're accurate mind you -- just the stereotype for the wrong group. You can certainly stereotype LIers, just not that way. ;)

10. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    Not trying to thread crap but . . . .

I officially bailed after last week's show. I tried to be loyal but in the end the lack of humor got to both my Wife and I.

11. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I have nothing else to watch on Mondays. So it stays.

12. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    It was another poor episode. Not nearly as bad as last week, but it is need of major help. They are just dragging the storyline out too far and it is wearing thin.

I feel the same way about 30 Rock now. On that show, they are trying to hit it out of the park with every line. But they miss more than they hit and it has become painful to watch because they are trying way to hard. They used to let things set up and the humor was intelligent. Not anymore...

13. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I've kinda started really enjoying 30 Rock again. This season seems better.

14. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    "Kids ... did I mention your adopted?" :D

I liked the whiteboard equations for the drunk train, specifically:

YOU THINK ( U > ME ) ?

That was a funny sequence. "It's been right in front of us all along ..."

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I didn't mind it nearly as much as the rest of you. Probably because I'm not the least bit interested in finding out who the mother is and who Ted dates. I know the mother will likely be revealed in the series finale or maybe an episode or two before that. Therefore, I'm not expecting anything on that front for at least another year. I just watch for the humor and because I (mostly) like the characters.

16. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I hope the mother ends up being a stripper too. :)

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    btw... interesting tidbit.... one of the "you think you're better than me!?!?!" girls was Rachel Bloom, of "F*** Me Ray Bradbury" fame. I totally spotted her right away.

18. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I choose pistols at dawn. ;)

19. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Aren't most of the jersey shore rejects from ny?

20. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I hope Quinn (Becki Newton) makes more appearances. She does the jaded, sarcastic role well as the foil for Barney but not enough to bring this EP up to standard. Robin needs to eat more. :)