How I Met Your Mother 01/09/06 (S01E12) "The Wedding"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Jonathan_S, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

I kept expecting Lilly to show up sooner at the bar to stop Barney. But it was pretty good once she did. :)

"One of each".

The rest of the episode was only ok though.

2. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Me too. I knew she was going to grab him by the ear. What really surprised me was this was the first time I remember AH and NPH doing a comedic scene between the two of them only and it was great.

Robin looked awesome in that dress. Just wow. We need more Robin all dolled up.

BTW - The actress at the end was Ashley Williams and she looked nothing like I remembered her. Still looked great and still has that incredible smile.

3. TBDigital

TBDigital B. Meisterburger

Mar 14, 2002
    Kingwood, Tx
    Yeah, saw her and said to my wife, 'Hey, Good Morning, Miami Chick! Cool!'. Good to see her again...

4. mdsutherland

mdsutherland Act Accordingly

Feb 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Another great episode! I loved Marshall wanting the pretty wedding. I really enjoy all the characters on this show. The I brought it stuff was pretty funny.

5. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI

Advertisements

"If Stuart can pull a 9 then I can pull, like, a 16."
    "What's a 16?"
    "Those 2 8's over there."

Good stuff.

I really hope that Ashley Williams winds up being the "mother". While I would enjoy this series even without the gimmick, I think it's time for them to start discussing, you know, how he met the mother. I don't know, call me crazy. (Incidentally, did anyone notice that on her IMDB page she was credited in "The Pineapple Incident" episode?)

And I can't recall who said it first, but during the whole interplay between Barney and the bride (Claire?) I was waiting for Allyson Hannigan (why can't I remember her character's name) to burst in. Sure enough, it was exactly what I was expecting, but it definitely delivered.

6. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yep. When the bride was already getting drunk, I said to my wife "Where's Lily?"

I liked the voice of Little Barney.

How many people think that it's going to be Robin chasing an unavailable Ted while we have Ashley Williams for the next few weeks? Thanks imdb.

This has become my favorite sitcom. I started watching 10 minutes nito the show and had caught up to real time by the end.

Note to TiVo: I still need a remote that FFs into the future. Thanx.

7. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I think you can watch that episode on yahoo's tv page. I may watch it tonight to try and pick her out.

As far as the AH and NPH scene I think this is the classic thinking that in the hands s of lesser actors or writers they could have screwed it up.

8. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    If that existed I would be watching way more CNBC and MSNBC.

9. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Somebody wasn't invited to the beta.

10. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
  11. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    If you figure out who Ashley Williams was in "The Pineapple Incident" please post it here. I'm very curious. Maybe the reason she's smiling so much at Ted is that she remembers him from the bar that night. Could she have been one of the friends at the table of the woman Ted takes home? Seems like she wouldn't be so friendly to him after her friend snuck out of the bedroom window...

12. sschwart

sschwart It sucks to be me

Apr 4, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    It was a good episode, just unfortunately so damn predictable.

13. Sparty99

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    If it counts for anything (and I'm sure it doesn't), Ashley Williams is not credited on the TV.com site for "The Pineapple Incident".

14. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    That line killed me.

I though this episode was much better than the last few (well, specifically the NYE one), probably because we had Barney back in his usual form. Trying to pick up on Claire while she was drunk and distraught was classic Barney sleaze.

Claire: "You remembered I drink vodka cranberries!"
    Barney (aside, to bartender): "They all drink vodka cranberries."

I thought Lily's and Barney's scene was funny too. Yes, you saw it coming a mile away, but it was still well done.

15. Bai Shen

Bai Shen Toboggan noggin

Dec 17, 2004
    Could be someone had her confused with the girl from The Wonder Years.

16. Sparty99

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    Incidentally, you can take a look at Barney's "Get Psyched 2006" playlist in one of his blog entries (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/barneys_blog/12_22.shtml). Definitely some interesting tunes in there.

17. Chapper1

Chapper1 Broncos Faithful

Jan 1, 2004
    Appleton, WI
    I was also glad to see Ashley Williams on this show. She was the only reason I watched "Good Morning, Miami". She is a cutie for sure...

18. bobo2424

bobo2424 New Member

Jan 10, 2006
    does anybody know what the song was at the end of the episode last night

19. Zzot

Zzot New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    When I saw Ashley Williams, I was not sure I recognized her at first...then she smiled, and knew that I recognized her, but it then took quite awhile for me to figure out who she was. She is quite a bit different than she was in Goodmorning Miami. Not sure what the differences are, but it was hard to for me to recognize her. Unlike Constance Zimmer in Injustice, who I recognized instantly.
    Other than these two, who have finally done something after Goodmorning Miami, I cannot say that I have seen any of the other people from that show. I looked at imdb.com, and I have not seen any of the various things that these people have been in.

20. legnaNJ

legnaNJ New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    I believe it was Death Cab for Cutie. Not sure name of song but I do know it's on their lastest release,"Plans". Possibly "Soul meets Body".