How I Met Yor Mother - 1/23 - "Drumroll Please" - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by busyba, Jan 23, 2006.

1. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Some thoughts:

1) Victoria's plan for the evening has to be the suckiest idea ever... "Hey, why don't I tease you for a few hours then never see you again?" :mad:

2) In real life, Ted walks into the shop, Victoria screams, pepper sprays him, then gets a restraining order. :eek:

3) Considering that Victoria was worried that the kiss might have either "too much tongue, or not enough", it was somewhat jarring to see that the kiss had absolutely zero tongue. :)

4) :up: :up: to Robin for getting the hell out of Ted's way. She had her shot and she blew it. It would have been selfish of her to do otherwise.

5) "Ted! I got a bridesmaid! I got a bridesmaid! The second hottest bridesmaid!" How does the bridesmaid not just walk away at that point?

2. Johnny Dazzle

Johnny Dazzle New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Bloomingdale...
    Worst idea ever.

I assumed she was testing him all along. I can't imagine being friends with this guy for more than a day without getting tired of his sad puppy dog act. I'm starting to get tired of it as a viewer. Who finds this act romantic?

It's my opinion that for the vast majority, mind you, not all, but for the vast majority of women under the age of 30, the greatest joy they receive in life is when someone tells them how hot they are. It's kind of sad, actually. Not too many hugs I gather.

3. TeeSee

TeeSee Tiiin ROOF. Rusted!

Jan 16, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Did a woman write this episode? What guy is going to go along with that idea?

4. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I thought barney was classic with his peace core schitck. When barney came a way with 50 bucks and sex I almost pissed myself in laughter. I just wish they would of shown ted and barney at the foxy boxing:).

5. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Ted, apparently.

I never thought I'd live to see a sitcom character that made Ross Geller look macho. :D

Don't get me wrong... I love this show, but Ted has to be the biggest ***** I've ever seen.

And I've seen this:
    [​IMG]
    :D

6. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Gloss Drops Rosebuds

Sep 19, 2005
    Edmonton Canada
    I watched this ep live and kept on wanting to ff thru the ads soooo badly. Excellent ep. I'm not sure I agree that Robyn shouldn't have told Ted, though; and frankly, I know plenty of guys who would've gone along with the idea. Let's face it, we're stupid and extremely gullible - a hot chick tells us she'll spend the evening with us when we're in a funk, what the hey.

Me personally, I wouldn't have even bothered trying to track her down, though.

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    As an interesting aside.... when my HD DVR records this show, it gets the last little bit of the show before it, King of Queens I think. Almost always, the recording starts just in time for the delivery of the final punchline before the credits.

Just that puchline, with zero context, followed by a quick cut to credits, has been very amusing the last several times. Almost makes me want to watch the show.

8. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    I really liked this episode. Since it was made obvious to us in the first episode that Ted and Robin do not end up together, I was wondering when they'd bring in a love interest for Ted. I figured it would be hard, because Ted and Robin have such good chemistry, and all the viewers like Robin. How will they bring in a love interest that the viewers will accept? I remember back in the early days of Friends when Rachel finally decided she had feelings for Ross, but Ross had started dating Julie. I never liked Julie, and as a result I found those few episodes with her to be really boring. Part of it was we never got to see the "courtship" between Ross and Julie.

This episode was great because we got to see it via flashback (or, since it's being told from the future, was it a flashback within a flashback?). I like Victoria, and I hope she sticks around for a while. Plus, it doesn't hurt that she has the flat out most gorgeous smile I have ever seen on a woman. Watching her smile just puts me in a better mood.

Victoria: "I have a plan for this evening."
    Ted: "Interested..."
    Victoria: "Let me preface this by saying we will not be sleeping together tonight."
    Ted: "Less interested..." :)

9. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    this is probably one of the best written sitcom's this season with 2 and a half men being on that list as well.
    Looks like CBS is doing just fine without Ray Romano.

10. TBDigital

TBDigital B. Meisterburger

Mar 14, 2002
    Kingwood, Tx
    Realistic? No, probably not. Fun and entertaining to watch? You betcha, atleast IMO. This show has the right amount of sappy romance and goofiness (Marshall is really starting to grow on me, and Barney is one of the best tv characters in a long time).

Anybody else get the "Ross and Rachel first kiss" goosebumps when Ted and Victoria kissed? Man, I sound like such a girl right now...

:D

11. Rangers4me

Rangers4me The One and Only

May 18, 2001
    This show is excellent. It isn't as creative, laugh out loud funny, or unpredictable as Scrubs or Arrested Development, but I love watching it.

They have very few duds, and almost every episode gets laughs or a smile. It's pretty hard to argue with those as benchmarks for success.

12. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Umm...... Well ummm... gosh... [whisper]your not alone[/whisper]

Not practical... but how many guys out there are going to try this now at their next wedding they go to?

I thought it was cool, unique (to a degree)....

So long as they don't go tinkering with the show much during the offseason... This could be another long running hit for CBS.

13. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    "Crawl for it bitches!!"

LOL

14. tony touch

tony touch Nice and Smooth

Jul 16, 2004
    Atlanta
    Victoria's character definitely sucked, even though she had good cleavage. Right when Ted starts talking to her, she says "just to let you know, I don't hook-up at weddings". Ok woman, get over yourself.

And her whole notion of a romantic night! that is a total red flag for any normal guy..she obviously has an unrealistic "fairy tale" view of romance. And of course Ted goes along with it, cuz he is half-woman.

But damn...I still can't get over Robin in that red dress!

15. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I am just glad they got someone who has chemistry with Ted. It may even be better than the chemistry between Ted and Robin.

16. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    I'm probably in the minority, but I thought Robin's dress was hideously ugly. I didn't think it was flattering at all. I was expecting something awesome, and then....ugh. Victoria's dress was better.

Am I sitting here discussing which dress looks better? Damn, I need some sports or something....

17. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    This gets my vote as best new sitcom. Genius. Barney is greatness.

18. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Great episode!

19. KalaPela

KalaPela New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I agree. It was recommended to me a couple of weeks ago and now I'm hooked. I had a mini-marathon this weekend to catch up with all the epsiodes I had missed.

My thoughts:

Strongly Dislike Victoria...the way she looks, dresses, and acts all annoy me
    Loved the Episode though...I wanted to cry with Robin when she saw Ted with Victoria
    I can totally buy into the storyline...single people get tired of going through the same motions with each new person they meet. Mixing it up by not kissing or hooking up can be just as exciting and fun, if not more so.

20. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    "Suit Up!"
    We need a "T-Shirt" with that on it...