How does one go about getting action from customer service?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Neotrin, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Neotrin

Neotrin New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    My problem is very simple: I bought a box and paid in advance for one year's service through the Tivo web site. I received the box, but there were no instructions on how to activate if one paid in advance, so I activated as "pay monthly" figuring I could straighten it out later. Bad mistake. That was almost a month ago. I've tried now through at least four Tivo reps to get it fixed and nothing happens.

So I decided to give up. I called to try to return the unit and cancel the service and got the message that "Due to the overwhelming volume of holiday calls, we are unable to take your call at this time. Please call back." (Something to that effect, anyway.)

So here I am, I like the service, but am being ripped off by the provider and I can't seem to get them to do anything at all. Anybody got a suggestion?

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    If you really want to dump Tivo then call your credit card company and have them chargeback the monthly and one year sub. If you are just mad, and would like to keep Tivo, find out from the credit card company when your right to a chargeback expires and be patient. I understand TiVo did more business than they could handle and are trying to get caught up.