How do you title search on Plex?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by email68, Aug 25, 2015.

1. email68

email68 New Member

Dec 8, 2014

Advertisements

I'm setting up Plex on my Tivo and its working great. But I cannot figure out how to search a title. I'll end up with 1000 movies on there when done, so searching is important.

I've tried the Tivo search, but it doesn't search the Plex library. I don't see a way to search a title on the Plex interface either.

2. waynomo

waynomo My One Time

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I'd start by making sure I have all the movies and TV shows named properly and organized on your Plex server per Plex suggestions.

3. email68

email68 New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Thanks.

How do you search for a specific title?

4. waynomo

waynomo My One Time

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I select "All Movies" which is on the left when you start that category. You can scroll through them visually or at the bottom select a letter and it brings you to movies that start with that letter. I don't think you can search as you might do for other video fare that is online or being broadcast which is what I think you are looking for. For instance, you can't search by actor or director.

5. email68

email68 New Member

Dec 8, 2014

Advertisements

Thanks!

That's what i was missing. I never went that deep in the menu to see the letters at the bottom. I'd rather have a search, but this is better than nothing.

Tim

6. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    New Plex update today now adds filters, sorting and channels. Lots of other small updates too.

7. zubinh

zubinh Active Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Is Plex on Tivo now able to support 1080P?

8. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Not yet, sorry.

9. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Opera browser on Tivo does not support 1080p. Until tivo updates that, plex cannot do anything. The new update DOES support 1080p on other opera based smart tv sets, just not on tivo.