1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you "record by channel" in hydra?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tivoknucklehead, Jul 13, 2018.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    they sure did not make it easy like the old interface

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I see no difference in manual recording. It may be one or two keystrokes less.

Perhaps you meant "Find by Channel"?

3. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

yes, the old "find by time" or "find my channel" is gone

4. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    "Find by Time" and "Find by Channel" depended on TiVo Live Guide for their program listings. I used it for a few shows where what the programmers considered a rebroadcast was actually a different cut from a previous live event. I needed to manually record the later broadcast in order to pick up info from the new version that wasn't in the old. The later broadcast usually showed up at a certain time but would occasionally move around to a different time. Being able to access this information via the "Find by Channel' screen was a lifesaver. However, without the Live Guide, I doubt we'll see these options.

The loss of the ability to use these guides to work around the mistakes in program listings is unforgivable.

Note: The programming issues I referred to occur in how the Tour de France bike stage race is listed. I'm using the past tense only because I am now less maniacal about seeing everything. But NBC and NBCSN still mess up the listings.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    The data is not tied to live guide. The data is the data. It is just a matter of presentation. I’m sure TiVo got the metrics on usage and decided it wasn’t worth the effort to basically show the same data in two more formats. Manual record still exists which can be used to record any time range on any channel.

mdavej likes this.
  6. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Exactly. But presentation is all important when you trying to figure things out. Live Guide allowed me to do it without making extensive external notes. The grid is useless for what I need to do (track future programming on one channel).