How do Suggestions work under Hydra?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by f4phantomii, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:41 PM.

1. f4phantomii

f4phantomii Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Coastal...
    I'm hoping someone can shed a bit of light on how Tivo Suggestions now work under Hydra.

I recently updated my Bolt to the new Hydra interface (I was hoping it would fix an odd nuisance issue - it didn't) and am rapidly coming to regret it.

I was stunned to see that the thumbs up/down ratings are gone. Presumably some AI now decides what to record as Suggestions.

It's been 6 days since the upgrade. Thus far, it's recorded dozens of episodes of the same 3 shows, none of which I watch, record, or have any interest in. I keep deleting them and it keeps recording the same shows. No variation. I've been playing back recorded content I do like hoping *something* would change.

I also am curious how it is supposed to deal with scenarios where I regularly watch a certain show, but don't want it recording others like it. For example, I usually record the local 6pm news. But I don't want it constantly recording other news shows because I watch one. With the thumbs ratings that was easy to control.

2. randyb359

randyb359 Active Member

Jan 3, 2009
    They don't.

3. f4phantomii

f4phantomii Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Coastal...
    As in Suggestions is a feature that is currently broken in Hydra?

Or do they plan to implement the thumbs ratings again?

The fact it's recording 3 similar shows makes it seem as though its doing *something* to choose what to record.

Also...what are the red/yellow/green ratings next to some shows & movies? I assume these are rankings of some sort, but I didn't see any explanation.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'm with Randy, as far as I'm concerned suggestions on Hydra don't work, they may record things based on AI from your viewing and recording preferences but I've never seen it give any value whereas TE3 suggestions work perfectly fine, but I'd give it a month before passing judgement.

There is no sign that thumbs up and down will ever be leveraged in Hydra at this time.