How do I?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by WSZsr, Nov 15, 2011.

1. WSZsr

WSZsr New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Round Rock TX
    I have a Tivo Premiere with a rooftop antenna. No cable and no satellite. Reception is great on all five of my TVs. I have Tivo Premiere on my main TV. I scanned for channels and it picked up most of the channels correctly but the NBCHD channel that should be on 6.1 shows up on 6.3. The channels that should be on 6.2 and 6.3 are not picked up. However, the internal tuners of all five TVs pick them up correctly. It has to be a programing error in the Tivo tuner software. I contacted Tivo and talked to a lady that told me they do not support QAM. I tried to explain that I did not have cable but she was clueless.

How do I go about fixing this problem?

2. smoothtivo

smoothtivo New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Have you tried moving the TiVo to another spot, say connecting it to one of the outlets where one of the TV's picks up all the channels?

3. phone man

phone man Member

Nov 4, 2011
    That is a strange problem! Five other tuners can't be wrong. I'd wipe it clean and start fresh. If the problem persists, call Tivo and hope you get a different rep. Escalate to a manager if the rep doesn't get a handle on the problem you're having.

4. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I wouldn't doubt if the missing channels are showing up on the REAL RF channels used and the TiVo showing no guide data or info data what so ever. While I receive all my channels mapped down properly (Premiere), it does show with video and audio channel 36 for mapped down channel 4. Report this problem to TiVo as this may have something to do with the table or perhaps the table on that particular TiVo. A few others have had this problem, but not so many that it makes waves on this board.

5. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I have that problem with one OTA subchannel. I'm not sure whether it's caused by incorrect PSIP data from the station or incorrect guide data from Tribune or both.