1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I watch Hulu?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by HarleyRandom, Jul 6, 2018.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I've done it before. But when I tried this time all it did was give me a list of shows I might want to watch. Somehow I ended up on a screen where I could search for shows and I entered the name of the show using the letters provided. There wasn't any way to give me search results. All I could do was keep typing.

Also, Hulu asks me for a code if I want to "add device".

2. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004
    With Hulu their interface is so awful I found it easier to just set up a season pass for the show I wanted then watch it from within the Tivo interface. (Set up season pass, go to the folder, watch).

dfreybur likes this.
  3. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    It's a little late for that considering I waited until several of the episodes of the show I wanted to watch have already been on. I also don't get listings for CMT since I don't pay for it. But I remember it working before. There was a problem with my library card so I couldn't watch at the library and when I got home I realized not only did I now have fast enough Internet that videos might work, but I had Hulu on my TiVo. I don't remember how, but I watched several episodes of the show. Now I've gotten another offer for a free month, and "Nashville" has its finale in a month. I hope. If I can't do it any other way I'll do it on the computer, but who wants to do that?

4. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004
    You don't need to have it active to set up a season pass. Just do a search for it.
    1. Hit the tivo button
    2. Choose Search, onepass, etc
    3. Search
    4. Add a onepass.

Once you add the onepass it'll be on the main Now Playing screen with your other shows, it'll just show up as a folder instead because it'll all be online.
    Let me know if you have trouble. I'm sitting at a computer all day today and welcome the distraction.
    :)

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    It sounds like you need to login to Hulu via a web browser on a PC, laptop or mobile device, and then activate the TiVo device on the associated Hulu account.

See: https://help.hulu.com/en-us/log-in-to-tv-connected-device-with-activation-code

There should also be an option allowing you to just login within the Hulu app on the TiVo (activate on device, rather than on computer).

6. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I did that the last time but there doesn't seem to be a place to do it now.

7. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    The advice given is to go to "log in" and select "activate", but I'm logged in. On this computer.

Wait, it means on the TiVo. But there is no place to log in.

8. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Ok, I'm not sure what your situation is, but you can log OUT of your current Hulu session on the TiVo via the 'Account' box near the far right end of the first row of tiles, immediately under the preview/enticement banner graphics.

Once logged-out, you'll find a 'LOG IN' button (next to a free trial option), which then offers you to either log in on the device (meaning you'll have to enter your Hulu ID & password via the on-screen keyboard) or 'ONLINE' (which means you'll log in to Hulu via a browser and do the activation key thing). This process should ensure that you're logged in to the same Hulu account on the TiVo and your web browser.

Once logged-in on the TiVo, the search bar is in the far upper-right of the Hulu home page; you just have to navigate up to it and press Select/OK ... at which point you'll face Hulu's semi-excruciating text entry search dialog, with possible bonus frustration if you had purchased a TiVo Slide Pro remote thinking it would help with text entry throughout the TiVo interface.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.