How do I stop Tivo from recording suggestions?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Vojak, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Vojak

Vojak New Member

Dec 31, 2005

Advertisements

Hey all,

I started rating movies/shows using the Tivo and it seems that it is recording all the suggestions that it may seem to find interesting for me based on the ratings. How do I keep it from recording these?

Thanks!

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Why do you want to turn them off? They take no space away from requested recordings. And if you don't want suggestions, why are you rating programs?

3. NoCleverUsername

NoCleverUsername New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    California
    That's more or less what I was originally going to post until it occurred to me that the TiVo can still generate a list of suggestions even if it isn't going to record them. *shrug*

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

Remember, even with the automatic recording of suggestions turned off, the suggestion list is still populated. So you can look through it and pick the ones you want to record. double shrug :)

5. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    The answer to that can be found in my sig line. I don't get why some people find it to be such a difficult concept.

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Exactly, I have 146 hour capability on my T60 so don't want to have a lot of suggestions in the NPL. And don't need to use it as a space remaining indicator.

As Mick said *TiVo, TV your way.* :D

7. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    Obviously this is a personal preference thing but I look at my Comcast HD DVR and see, after the recent holiday season, that the 'now playing list' is empty (well, one old episode of Malcolm in the Middle, but...)

I look at my Tivo, however, and it has a dozen screens full of things to watch, some of them interesting.

The alternative is channel surfing, something I haven't done since God invented Tivo. :p

8. crismess

crismess New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    oak harbor, wa
    Thanks NoCleverUsername, that is just what i needed to know. Our Tivo was changing the channel to record suggestions when my kids didn't want it to. Today my kids were watching PBS when the Tivo switched it to Law& Order and they got upset at a crime scene. Now that won't happen, thanks!