How do I record only ONE episode of "The Daily Show" per day?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by af250xxl, Jan 23, 2006.

1. af250xxl

af250xxl New Member

Jan 23, 2006

Advertisements

How do I record only ONE episode of "The Daily Show" per day?

For example: the show is on three times a day in my time zone.

The first two showings already conflict with the other two channels that I'm
    recording.

Is there a way for my Tivo DVR to record only the last showing of the day?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    This question has been asked many times, especially about that show. It is a result of bad guide data. The TiVo errs on the side of caution and records all showings. If you really only want one showing, then setup a manual repeating recording for the time you want.

3. gamo62

gamo62 Member

Oct 12, 2002
    Or I guess you could set up a season pass and set the episode limit to 1. That should work.

4. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth MRV Junkie

Jun 14, 2005
    Fountain, CO
    If you don't watch that episode before the next one is scheduled to be recorded, it will be overwritten.

5. TVBrain

TVBrain New Member

Jan 22, 2006

Advertisements

The Daily Show often times doesn't book their guests far enough in advance for the Guide Data to be updated. In that case, it gets a generic show description of "A humurous slant on the news." Your system will record them all. I find it worth it to go through the TO DO list and delete the recordings I don't need.

6. adavidw

adavidw Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    That's not really the problem. Even if they don't know who the guest is going to be on a given day, they know they're doing a show that day, and they know it's a new show that's not going to be the same show as the day before.

Tribune could have the shows listed with generic descriptions, but with unique episode IDs, and TiVo would work fine. But, either Comedy Central is not passing along the information to Tribune correctly, or Tribune's mangling it somehow.

7. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I just did a manual recording.

8. ddockery

ddockery New Member

Dec 26, 2001
    Bloomington, IL
    In your case, since there's only 1 time without conflicts, just drop it further in the seasn pass priority list. That should take care of it.

9. quarkman97

quarkman97 All mobbed up!

Nov 17, 2002
    Brewcity, WI
    I do a manual season pass on Comedy Central at 9:30 AM CDT. It picks up the 10:30 show from last night. You will have to delete some odd Comedy Central shows when it doesn't air, but it frees up the 10:00-10:30 spot for me which is golden.

Hope that helps!

10. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    My "Daily Show" season pass has been working as intended since October, except for the reruns that air Monday at 11:00 and 5:00 (PT), which I can live with. Therefore, my answer would be...

Make sure your "Daily Show" season pass is set to "First Run Only," and use the Season Pass Manager to set its priority below every other show that regularly conflicts with it.