How do I put on a feature my old Tivo had to my new one???

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by occraig, Jul 8, 2007.

1. occraig

occraig New Member

Jul 8, 2007

Advertisements

i upgraded my tivo from the series 2 to a series 2 with dual tuners and one thing the old had that this one does not is that when you looking to see what you recorded it would put all of the same show in one folder. the one i have now puts them all up in a row. i liked it better the other way. I checked and it does not have this option on this newer one. Can I change the software to one that has this option? My tivo model number is TCD649080.

thanks
    craig :confused:

2. CodysWorld

CodysWorld New Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Monterey, CA
    While in the "Now Playing List" Push the ENTER/LAST button. It's the lower right button on the peanut remote. "Now Playing List Options" comes up....Choose "Groups" change from off to on...that should do it.

3. occraig

occraig New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    To CodysWorld

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

WO HO i thought i lost that feature. i have a upgraded hard drive coming to me that will upgrade me from 80 hours to 350 hours and i was going to record alot

thanks again
    craig

4. CodysWorld

CodysWorld New Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Monterey, CA
    Craig,
    You're very welcome ! When you get the larger Hard Drive you'll really enjoy the extra recording time...I sure do. Enjoy!
    Cody

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

And, the folders option will be reset after you put in the new drive. :) You'll just have to re-enable them.

6. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    If you forget again, it's in the manual and it's also actually printed at the bottom of the Now Playing screen.