How do I onepass NFL night football.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by wlpippin, Oct 17, 2016.

1. wlpippin

wlpippin New Member

May 16, 2015

Advertisements

I had a onepass that recorded Thursday Night Football, Sunday Night Football and Monday night football.
    That onepass doesn't work anymore since Rovi screwed everything up.
    How do I setup a one pass to record the Thursday, Sunday and Monday night NFL football games?

I don't want Sunday afternoon games, just the night games. I usually watch Sundays live but am usually late to start watching the TNF, SNF and MNF games.

After Rovi screwed me out of watching Thursday night football a few weeks ago I changed my onepass that had been working previously and set up three individual onepasses for Thursday Night Football, Sunday Night Football and Monday Night football that worked that weekend but hasn't worked since.

Now I see Monday Night Football is just called NFL football in the guide. NFL football games can appear on five channels, FOX, CBS, NBC, ESPN and NFL network, the night games are on NFL network Thursdays, NBC Sundays and ESPN Mondays.

I missed 30 minutes of SNF last night before I manually started recording and I missed and an hour of MNF tonight before I started a manual recording.

I have three thumbs up on NFL football as well, but even tivo suggestions didn't start a recording.

2. BobCamp1

BobCamp1 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2002
    Get your cable company's DVR. You can't reliably do it with a Tivo.

The only thing you can do that will work all the time is to set up three manual recordings. Sad, isn't it?

3. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    A week in advance I just go through the guide and check for when known games should be playing by network and time. Hasn't failed me yet...keeping those foreign games in mind. I'll just leave it that way until something reliable comes around again.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Use a wishlist instead of an OP.

5. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL

Advertisements

Completely false, an ARWL with keyword 'Night Football' in the Sports: Sports Event category with new and repeats set works just fine.

It's recorded every game for me since the switchover, so I'd call that reliable (I also have NFL Football as KW so I get the Sunday afternoon games).

Yeah it's an ARWL and not a 1P, but doesn't change the fact that it is a valid way to do it.

6. Scott J

Scott J Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Just be careful with that because NFL Network has some "Thursday Night Football" games airing on Saturday/Sunday nights in December, which a manual recording for Thursdays obviously won't pick up.

7. BobCamp1

BobCamp1 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2002
    He asked if you can set a Onepass for it. You can't. You can on my FIOS DVR.

I've had that ARWL fail on me once or twice, but it was right after the guide switchover. I agree it SHOULD work, but with Tivo lately you can't guarantee anything.

8. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    How did Rovi screw this up? After the switch over, there was Thursday, Sunday, & Monday Night Football and you could set a 1P for each. There was also NFL Football for the Sunday day games. After everyone here complained, they changed it back to all games being NFL Football.

9. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Which again, doesn't matter if you used the ARWL that's been posted here before. NFL Football, xxx Night Football, it gets them all.

Agree that Rovi has some real naming issues, NASCAR being another of them (two series have 'NASCAR' as the title, the other one is titled 'NASCAR Xfinity Series' - they were originally ALL named after each individual series when Rovi took over but they inexplicably renamed two out of the three and not the third).

I know you've already seen the issues with PGA Tour Golf as well, it's still broken. 1Ps are useless there too.

Sports are simply a hot mess and I don't anticipate it getting much better after I was blown off with my reported issues. rainwater said he was ignored too.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    I still think they should have left Thursday to be called Thursday, Sunday to be called Sunday, and Monday to be called Monday. That's what the networks that air them call them and TiVo should go with what the networks do.

They've made some progress with PGA golf. At least now everything has the same seriesId.

11. Bwana

Bwana Member

Apr 10, 2016
    When they changed to that scheme, it messed up everyone's already created 1ps that relied on Gracenotes "NFL Football" scheme. They've simply gone back to what Gracenote had been doing for many years. I think it's a good compromise. I just wish they would stop making early morning repeats appear as new episodes.