How do I force TIVO to record show at different time

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by fhahnel, Jun 20, 2007.

1. fhahnel

fhahnel New Member

Nov 14, 2006

Advertisements

Help:

I'm trying to create a Season Pass for ICE ROAD TRUCKERS at a different time than the original Sunday 10PM timeslot. We are already recording one show at this same time each Sunday and want to still be able to watch another live channel at 10PM on Sundays. ICE ROAD TRUCKERS shows multiple times each week. I tried to setup a Season Pass for this Wednesday 2AM. However, when I went into the TODO list it showed the next show will be recorded at the next Sunday at 10:00PM.

Can anyone please help?

Fred

2. ParadiseDave

ParadiseDave Ignore this!

Jun 8, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    If the program doesn't change dates and times from week to week, you can set up a repeating manual recording for the time you want.

3. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Set up a recording for the program you want to watch "live",
    the Ice Truckers SP will then find the next airing to record.

phox

4. fhahnel

fhahnel New Member

Nov 14, 2006
    There's 12 episodes of the show, only two currently show in the guide, so that would be a pain.

5. alansplace

alansplace ------ Alan ------

Apr 30, 2006
    Southern...

Advertisements

do what phox_mulder suggested, create a season pass for the 10:00 show but also make sure that it is in the list of season passes (in the season pass manager) above the one for the truckers show.
    --
    Alan :D

6. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    ummm...can't you just delete the existing Season Pass and then re-create it at the time slot you'd like it to record at?

-kp

7. fhahnel

fhahnel New Member

Nov 14, 2006

That's exactly what I tried to do. Created a Season Pass for two days later, the first didn't show in TO DO LIST and the rest of the shows reverted to the Sunday 10PM time slot. That's the whole reason for this post.

8. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Because that's not the way that Season Passes work.

9. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    If you knew it would reliably air at a specific time each week you could set up a recurring manual recording. But a SP for the program you want to watch live on Sunday at 10:00 is more reliable since it will deal with scedule changes from week to week.

10. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    My suggestion would be to just go into the Upcoming Showings menu and select the recording you would like to do at the time you would like. This will however take out all of the convenience that a SP would provide. This suggestion second only to what phox suggested.

11. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    The season pass will automatically select the next available airing of a new show that doesn't conflict with another show in the To Do list. It doesn't really matter what time you select when you set up the season pass for this reason. A season pass is only channel dependent and not time specific.

You can change the priority of the season pass to allow the other show to take precedence, forcing the Tivo to record a different showing of the program in question. You can also do as supasta suggested and troll through the upcoming showings list for the program and manually select the time to record the show.

I have an S3 and it has a feature whereby it will clip the beginning or end of a show if it overlaps with another show that has a higher priority season pass. Since I like to pad all of my recordings by a few minutes at each end, this can cause problems if I have multiple shows recording back-to-back. I find myself checking the To Do list quite frequently to change the recording options for shows that are slated to be clipped.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I always set up Season Passes for shows that I watch, even ones that I watch live or livish (like the news). I just make it "save at most: 1" so if I'm away it won't clutter up my To Do List.