How do I disable HDCP on a Bolt?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by zubinh, Dec 2, 2020.

1. zubinh

zubinh Active Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Northeast USA

Advertisements

Hi guys,

So I'm fed up with these "HDMI not permitted" errors and I'm looking for a way to just get rid of HDCP completely. I understand, I'll lose 4k streaming, that's OK, I'll use my Apple TV for that.

I bought a splitter off of Amazon that I thought would work but it didn't.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Something might be having issues in your setup. I don't see any HDMI/HDCP issues with my two Bolts and Mini Vox connected to a couple of UHD TVs. And the Bolts go through two HDMI switches before going to a speaker bar, and then the TV.

zubinh likes this.
  3. zubinh

zubinh Active Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Thanks as always Aaron. I have the bolt going thru my Yamaha receiver and then to an OLED. My other components (Apple TV and Panasonic UB820) work fine, it's just the Bolt.

The problem does alleviate itself when I manually switch the resolution output to 1080P but I always have to switch it back after a restart or update. Thats when I get the HDMI error.

I should've stuck with the Roamio years ago when I had it.

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    switch the cables with one that's known to work and see if the problem follows the cable if you haven't tried

5. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas

Advertisements

If you select 1080p as the only resolution, it should stay to that setting. It does for my setup.

zubinh likes this.
  6. barnabas1969

barnabas1969 Active Member

Aug 22, 2013
    I have a Tivo Bolt VOX connected to a Yamaha RX-A2010 receiver and a Samsung plasma TV. I never get HDMI/HDCP errors.

zubinh likes this.