1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I delete a whole season? Roamio OTA VOX

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by CodeButcher, Sep 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CodeButcher

CodeButcher New Member

Sep 14, 2018
    I have a new Roamio OTA VOX that a purchased earlier this year. I don't know if it was possible to do this before the last major version update (Horizontal), but I would like to delete an entire season without having to deleting each episode individually. Let say I recorded an entire season of "Code Black", it got canceled, so I want to delete the entire season.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    If you press 'Clear' on the Folder, it will delete the entire folder contents.

-KP

CodeButcher likes this.
  3. CodeButcher

CodeButcher New Member

Sep 14, 2018
    Thanks, it works! I asked this same question in the Tivo Forums and no one suggested it. Was it recently added?

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Within the last 15 years or so...

I suppose that Folders are a 'recent' addition, but the Clear button has always worked iirc...

-KP

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  5. CodeButcher

CodeButcher New Member

Sep 14, 2018
    Funny, I even asked Tivo Customer Support and they told me that feature was not available. I can't find the post on the Tivo Forum website, but I think before pressing the Clear button would just delete the One Pass setting and the episodes would still be there, like they were manually recorded.

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Sad, they should read their own documentation (and yes this feature has been there forever for files and folders - this PDF is dated 2010 for the Premiere and this worked for my older S3's as well for both but can't recall on my even older S1's if it worked for folders).

https://www.tivo.com/assets/pdfs/products/TiVo_PremiereRemote_map.pdf

8 CLEAR:

• Press the CLEAR button to delete a title in a list (such as the To Do List).

TIP: To delete whole groups of shows, highlight a folder in My Shows or the Now Playing List and press the CLEAR button.

Scott

7. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The Valley...
    And if there is a 1P associated with it you have the option of deleting just the programs, deleting the programs and the 1 pass, or nothing

8. CodeButcher

CodeButcher New Member

Sep 14, 2018
    I don't know if it because I had recently purchased a Roamio OTA VOX, which just barely came out. Then a few weeks after owning it, the Horizontal Menu was released.