How do I constantly record one channel?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by eraseit, Sep 19, 2007.

1. eraseit

eraseit New Member

Sep 19, 2007
    I was wondering if there is a way to set up Tivo to constantly record all the shows on one channel. I work at a TV network and we need to record our network's broadcast perpetually. I've got it running so far by setting up season passes to record ALL showings of all the shows listed in the guide. But I don't wan't to keep going back to the Tivo every few days to set it to record new programs. Setting the timer to record 24 hours at a time is also undesirable. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of a better way to do this?

2. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    If you provided a little more information about how you will use the recorded programs (in general) you might get more responses. You say you don't want to keep having to set up new SPs, but at the same time you don't want to record 24 hours at a time. These seem to contradict.

More info would be helpful.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum!!!!

3. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    can't you just set up manual recordings? I would set up one to record every day from noon to midnight and then another to record every day from midnight to noon. That way you get it in 12 hour chunks.

4. aztivo

aztivo Member

Feb 23, 2005
    AZ
    This is exactly what to do

5. eraseit

eraseit New Member

Sep 19, 2007
    We're using the recordings to make sure ads and sponsorships were put in their proper place. We're also captruing video from the tivo to send to our sales partners in other areas. We don't really need more than 3-4 days prior braodcasts. If I set it to record in 12-hour chunks, will it parse out the shows into individual recordings or just create a large twelve recording?

BTW It is a Tivo series 2 DT recorder.

6. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    you'll get 2 large 12 hour recordings per day - they won't be parsed into separate shows. To mitigate this, you could set up 24 one hour recordings per day. It's not perfect - but it might be a better solution for what you need to do.

7. Dawny

Dawny New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    Hi! Welcome to TCF!

Is your station digital?
    Hard to believe that someone will have to watch all 24 hours to insure ad placement? (I understand you need the video capture as well, to send out.)
    Hope your recording options work.

8. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    You have the choice of manual repeating recordings, or setting each program to record.

9. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    do 48 30 min recordings each day

each show will probably be 30 or 1 hour right? so each show will be 1 or 2 files.

get videoredo and you can cut up the shows or combine them easy when you tivo to go them to your computer.

10. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    And to follow-up what Mike said......VideoRedo has a new TVSuite version that is a one-stop shop for editing/joining files, authoring a DVD (menu), and burning the ISO image to DVD. I tried the beta last night and it was great.

11. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    additionally, if you uncheck all the other channels under "channels I receive" that will remove it from getting other channels even by accident.