How do I connect the 10-250 DirecTV HD Tivo DVR to my firewire JVC DVHS deck?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ruff1010, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ruff1010

ruff1010 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    I hope that someone in the forum is able to figure this out for me.

My objective is to offload some of my SD and HD recordings to another medium so that I can have room to record new material.

I own a JVC HM DH40000U DVHS tape recorder, but it only allows for 4 pin firewire connections to record HD. The Tivo HD DVR is connected to my TV using the component out connectors.

How can I get my HD and SD recordings into my JVC deck? Or should I give up on the JVC deck and get something else? If you suggest something (like an external hard drive) I'll need some guidance as to how to set that up also. I do need the component out from my Tivo to connect to the TV.

Help!!!!

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    You cannot copy the HiDef HR10-250 recordings to your JVC DVHS deck in anything but 480i resolution. There is no firewire output on the HR10-250. You can, however, use the HR10-250 SVideo output to get good quality recordings in 480i using your DVHS deck's SVideo input.

3. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    You can get component to firewire converters, but they are all professional equipment. The cheapest one I have seen is around $1500.

4. ruff1010

ruff1010 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    I may end up buying a larger drive for my Tivo, but I wish that I could find a box with component i/o and 4 pin firewire i/o that wouldn't reduce the quality. Maybe it's time for a new receiver with video connectors...