How do do you get TIVO to fix defective lineups?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by n2qew1, Jul 5, 2017.

1. n2qew1

n2qew1 New Member

Jul 5, 2017

Advertisements

I have two Premiers. Have been a TiVo customer since around 2000. TiVo has deleted - again - the guide information for the local CBS affiliate in Wilmington, NC. Zap2It and Time Warner - I know, Spectrum - lists the correct information and programming.

Calling customer service is futile. People I reach seem to not understand what TiVo is, and that they control the guide information. Claims that I have to call the cable company to fix it. Again, they send a "lineup change message" and poof! gone.

Channel shows correct callsign on text, and receives correctly - actually, bit of them do since TWC puts CBS on both 4 and 1209.

Anyone have any idea how to get this fixed? I've filled out the "guide data wrong" form several time after each time they deleted the channel and never get a response.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Join the crowd! It's been almost a year with the Rovi guide data now and the problems continue. I'm missing recordings I want and getting duplicate recordings I don't want. Then there's the descriptions that waste space listing actors twice, then truncate the description to something very incomplete. And as you have discovered the support and line-up error reporting system is a joke. I've come to accept this is the crappy new normal for guide data. Very unlikely I will get another TiVo when my current one fails.

3. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I had the same issue, and actually reported a line up issue (Report a Lineup Issue). They wanted me to go to the TWC store in Mayfaire and get an official lineup and send it to them!.

Anyway, I tried something which fixed the issue.
    FYI this was the issue I had
    CH 4 is WWAY CBS HD - but TiVo had no guide data for it
    CH 12 is Independent WILM - TiVo had proper guide data for this one
    CH 1209 is also WWAY CBS HD - TiVo had guide data but it was the same as CH 12's which isn't the actual CBS data.

Note: I don't remember exactly what the screens look like here, so my descriptions might not be 100%
    So I ran through guided setup, and when it asked to pick my lineup I picked the option to manually determine what channels I get. It started at CH 1 and had it skip to CH 4, there I selected WWAY CBS HD, and continued on. It loaded the correct guide data and all is good.

ETA: There is still one "issue", if I tune CH 12 (Independent) I will get the message to press the "D" button to view in HD. If I press it, it will tune Channel 1209. Not a biggie for me as I don't watch CH 12, but still interesting.
    I've adjusted my One Passes that record CBS shows to use CH 1209 explicitly, to avoid any mishaps.

4. allen97

allen97 New Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Has anyone had success in getting lineup issues resolved? I'm so tired of dealing with Tivo Support. The last "lineup issue" I submitted got closed with no communication and no fix. I opened another support case and it's been a couple weeks with no change. What is the most effective way to get lineup problems resolved. I see "To be announced" on about half of the OTA channels I receive!

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

I have but it's been on cable versus OTA. You might also try submitting a lineup issue here.

Report a Lineup Issue

Scott

6. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Connecticut
    I started a thread about this the other day, since I have issues with my new Bolt and getting the proper lineup. Last time I had an issue(when the guide changed over to Rovi), no amount of dealing with Tivo support got anything done. It was only after working with Margret from Tivo, that things got fixed. With Margret not here anymore, I'm not sure Tivo_Ted has the same drive to help us individually like Margret did( I sent him a PM a few days ago but no response yet).