How can i get tivo to add metv 46.2 st. louis to the channel list

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by tootal2, Aug 14, 2011.

1. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Metv 46.2 has been on the air for 2 weeks now and its still not in the channel list. metv has alot of old shows i like. I have to record hogans heroes, mash, taxi gomer pyle with manual recording.

also i cant add 46.2 to my s2 with a conveter box so i will have to wait for tivo to add this channel.

i have e-mailed tivo, metv and my46 to fix this problem

2. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Well, that's basically it. But actually it's better to use this >form< to report the problem. It worked for me a few months ago when I needed to get a translator station added. After filling out the form it took Tivo a couple of weeks to get it added.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You need to get your cable company to add it to your lineup (it won't be 46.2 but some digital cable channel). On my local Comcast(Atlanta WOM) system it is channel 248. It may actually already be there. Assuming that the call letters for channel 46 are WRBU, look for WRBUDT2. Or search for one of the shows that is on METV, like "The Untouchables".

4. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Charter says they have no plans to carry it. I did report the channel to tivo about a week ago. I just want to record it from my tv antenna using the guide instead of setting up 20 manual recordings.

5. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    A side comment on METV...really wonderful, clean copies of the old shows...don't know if they were digitally cleaned up, or what the source(s) are, but they look great!

6. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
    hogans heroes looks very good on it. and its not zoomed in like on uhd

7. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Only problem is, my Premiere is filling up with "Perry Mason", "The Untouchables", "12 O'Clock High", "Honey West", "The Guns of Will Sonnet", and "Branded".

8. caughey

caughey Member

May 26, 2007
    Orange County
  9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though you're missing MANY MANY minutes of shows in reruns.. hacked for more commercials.

10. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
    metv 46.2 is now in tivos tv guied:)

11. TooMuchTime

TooMuchTime New Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Yes they do! I've been recording Mission Impossible and 12 O'Clock High. I'm saving the 12 O'Clock High episodes. The 3rd season is in color (!) and that color has held up very well. It's great seeing the B-17 with the contrails and then hear the narrator say, "12 O'Clock High...in Color!"

Personally, I think MeTVs program guide almost looks like the program guide from Real Men Don't Eat Quiche!

You'll need to get a PC with a very large HD (1-2 TBs), download and install TiVo Desktop and transfer the files. If you also attach the computer to the TV, you won't have to transfer the shows back to the TiVo to watch them. You can just watch them from the computer. And you can organize them into folders and sub-folders by content, genre, etc. Your Premiere will show those folders when you view the computer in the My Shows list. You can't play them that way, but it is a quick way to view what's on the computer when you're watching TV via TiVo.

I thought so too, but that's not quite true. 12 O'Clock High is complete; they don't cut for commercials except when they're supposed to. The old Quinn Martin -- Act 1, Act 2, etc. are still there and I remember these shows from the 1960s. However, I do know that MeTV IS stripping the original Star Trek episodes (9pm Saturday, newer with computer graphics). I was watching one episode and was waiting for a line of dialog and it didn't happen. Another line was cut out later. So yes, they do for some shows. The ones that will garner the most viewers, I suspect.

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    OK, I was going to do my same rant here (again, I guess.. heh heh).

But even though they're only cutting for commercials AT the right time, how do you know for sure they haven't cut out scenes in the middle (or time compressed, which IMHO isn't actually bad as long as it's not noticeable)?

i.e. did you TIME several episodes with commercials cut out, compared to episode lists?

You probably don't care/aren't as obsessed with this as I am.. (and again, even I watch reruns once in a while, but not usually for an entire series.. just for one out of a zillion missed episodes, if it's not on DVD)