How about a category for the new Tivo HD discussions?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by megory, Jul 30, 2007.

1. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...

Advertisements

Right now, all the posts about the New TiVo HD are scattered hither and yon.

I think it would be great to move all the Tivo HD threads to a new Forum called, hmmmm, TiVo HD, with a sticky at Coffee House that all threads have been moved to that spot and a likely to be ignored suggestion that further posts on that topic should be posted there.

My preference would be a separate Forum from the S3, although I'm sure there are varied opinions on this.

I'm sure y'all have thought of that, but I don't know the amount of work or complexity in executing the move and creation of a new forum.

Also, is it difficult to move threads to their appropriate forum (I know it was done all the time with the old, pre-internet compuserve fora, with a note to the effect that the thread had been moved).

Thanks for all your work for us!!

2. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    By "category", do you mean "forum"?

The "TiVo HD" is in the Series 3 family, so really, all "TiVo HD" posts in the Coffee House should be moved to the Series 3 forum and the forum software will indicate so in the Coffee House, putting "Moved" in front of each thread, so if it's clicked, you end up in the Series 3 forum.

I would suggest that the description of the Series 3 forum be modified to include a note about the TiVo HD unit, if it's not already there.

3. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jan 1, 1999
    TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
    This area is for chat about HDTV TiVo powered DVRs.

4. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    It can be confusing when you have a gander in the forums for the Tivo's in question not knowing wheither the post is related to the Tivo HD or the S3 model...

I suggested to ML months ago to at least try a forum for the Tivo HD, but alas he shot me down pronto ...