Houston Comcast

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Scott D, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Scott D

Scott D Active Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Pasadena, Texas

Advertisements

Just curious. To all you Houstonians out there who have the HD TiVo's. This is pertaining to your billing. I'm wondering if Comcast will charge you a monthly fee, say $10.00 a month (or whatever their rental fee is for their equipment) for your TiVo's and cable ready TV's.

I know that there's a $2.00 or so fee for the Cablecards but does Comcast also charge you for the equipment to which the Cablecard goes into as well?

2. Scott D

Scott D Active Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Pasadena, Texas
    It doesn't have to be Houston based people, but the closer to home it gets, the more accurate it may become for what I might see happening.;)

3. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Comcast Houston does not charge me for my two cablecards. Whether this is policy or an error I'm not sure. At least not as a seperate line item. TW used to charge $1.75 for each card but Comcast dropped those charges when it took over.

4. Das Achteck

Das Achteck Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Comcast Houston does not charge for the first CC, and charges $2.00 for additional ones.

5. nirvanayoda

nirvanayoda New Member

Aug 11, 2006

Advertisements

The poster above is correct. Comcast does not charge for the first cable card and charges $2.00 per month for each additional card. There is no charge for your equipment (and I'm not sure if it would be legal for them to do so being that you own it).

6. Scott D

Scott D Active Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Pasadena, Texas
    I must agree. Makes no sense to have them rent to me what doesn't belong to them!

7. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Since they don't actually know what their cablecard is being used for, there is no way they could charge you for anything beyond cablecard rental--which is the $2/month we now pay. I have four cards, but since I picked all of them up at a service center, they no nothing. Don't ask, don't tell. :up: