House "The Dig" - OAD 4/11/11 ** SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by That Don Guy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Thirteen and Spud Guns - what more could you want? (Although I thought she would admit that her crime was, she took the rap for Chase when he let that dictator die.)

A few "did you notice" things:

Did Cuddy appear at all in the episode?

Was I supposed to recognize the name of the winner of the chili cookoff? (Also, the announcer mentioned something about "cocoa powder" - was that a reference to something as well?)

How did House know that Thirteen's mysterious sibling was a brother and not a sister?

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    First episode I have enjoyed in a good long while.

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Same here.

4. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    No.

I didn't pay attention to the winner's name, but cocoa powder is a secret ingredient in some chili recipes.

Because she said she killed a MAN before he ever uncovered the family scenario.

5. taronga

taronga Member

Nov 15, 2006
    KY
    And I thought it was one of the worst House eps ever. I've never cared a smidge for Thirteen, so I'm not pleased she's back.

6. ncsercs

ncsercs DirecTivo fan.......

May 5, 2001
    Hinsdale, IL
    No Wilson, either.

7. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Great episode...13 was lookin hot too.

:)

8. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    My liking the episode had little to do with any fondness for 13.
    It was the absence of Cuddy and all the domestic drama, and House's mind working the way it used to work. He was interested in a person and trying to solve the mystery but not forcing himself to act against his nature for the sake of a relationship. Our glimpses of his humanity were not anvils.

IMO the Cuddy/House pairing ruined the show.
    She's a small dose/ ten seconds of sexual tension from the exec upstairs character IMO.

Wilson is kind of a nothing gained/nothing lost character- I don't find him to be compelling in any way. He's a blank sounding board as far as I'm concerned- anyone could serve his function.
    So his absence was a positive as the void was filled by something way more interesting- a spud gun.

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I enjoyed the road trip and also no Cuddy.

10. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Great episode. House driving around in his Dodge Dynasty really cracks me up. 13 in a hardware store-- really hot.

11. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Clearly the medical mystery was the "B" plot. And the big revelation at the end was what I first thought when Masters held up the baby clothes.