House - Painless OTA 1/19/09 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by unicorngoddess, Jan 20, 2009.

1. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX

Advertisements

I have to say, I really enjoyed last night's episode. I don't know if Cudy's adopting this baby is going to be like a 'jump the shark' moment though. I couldn't figure out what House was doing with the lawyer though...was it just to threaten his home warranty people with a lawsuit or what?

And, as usual, House figures it all out in the very end with that big AH-HA! moment. But seriously, how do you get epilepsy from a guy scratching his balls??? For a moment there I really thought they were going to let this one go unsolved. I liked the ending though because this guy was going to go home and off himself and to finally be able to tell them it was something perfectly treatable...I gotta wonder how guilty that would make you feel.

Wonder if Taub really tried to off himself in college.

Foreteen...best nickname for a couple EVER!

Speaking of which...I believe somebody called it in another thread. Poor 13 is getting the placebo. So I wonder if this will cause Foreman to rig the trials so she's getting the real treatment....hmmmmm.

2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    He didn't get epilepsy from the guy scratching his balls. He realized that the initial pain the guy described was similar to the pain one feels when one is kicked there. He knew that the pain center that controls such pain is deep within the brain in an area that wouldn't show up on the tests they had run. He then determined that something must be affecting that area of the brain, and epilepsy must be the only thing that would have that intermittent effect.

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're considering killing her off. Reportedly, there is still a sizable "Chameron" group in the fan base that refuse to like anything about Thirteen as her relationship with Foreman supposedly puts getting Chase and Cameron back together on the back burner (and there is talk of rekindling that relationship onscreen, although Friends managed to keep the Ross/Rachel and Monica/Chandler relationships going simultaneously).

As for Cuddy and the baby, is this going to be this season's "let the story run, then end it suddenly, push the reset button, and let's never speak of this again" storyline (like "get rid of House's department" and "House arrested for drug-related crimes", and, to a lesser extent, "House gets shot")?

-- Don

4. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    My recording cut off just as House was getting into the shower and grabbing the pipe (duh). I assume there wasn't much more after that, but if anybody can fill me in, I'd appreciate it.

5. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000

Advertisements

Basically, you got it. A few seconds of House grabbing the pipe, then the light goes off as to why the pipe broke in the first place. Well, he realizes he's grabbing the pipe, sees it wiggle around (the faucets aren't anchored into the wall, and thus actually can wiggle out quite a bit), and Eureka.

6. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Ausiello did an interview with the executive producers, who said that game-changing events would take place in this season's last batch of episodes that would allow them to use Chameron more next season.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am not sure why, but Tivo didn't record this for me. Bleh, I have to go recheck stuff. Anyway, it sounds like it was a good ep and I like that Cuddy was able to adopt.

8. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    It was moved to Monday so check your conflicts on that day and adjust.

9. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    The investigator talked like she was just a foster mom, and hadn't yet actually adopted the kid.

10. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I think his last line was something like, "See you next year - if you haven't adopted her by then."

-- Don

11. BobB

BobB Devout Tivonian

Aug 26, 2002
    Brookline, MA
    Yes, she's definitely a foster mother at this point, not an adoptive one. Much simpler (and faster) process.

12. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    Good episode, but I was a little surprised for the odd dig at (other than Cuddy) foster parents. I guess the writers figure that most foster parents are not financially, professionally and personally stable families with clean homes?

13. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    Which amusingly enough they referenced in this very episode.

14. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I don't know about most of that, but I believe foster parents are on average lower middle or lower income.

15. dilorc

dilorc Nice Guy

Feb 12, 2002
    Gaithersburg...
    I'm not sure this is true as a generality, but there are some foster parents that look at fostering as a way to get make extra money. The state normally pays the foster parent a stipend for room and board for the foster child.

Fostering would definitely be the first step. The child was abandoned, right? Once the parents sign over their parental right, or the state decides they are unfit, Cuddy will then be able to adopt the child.

16. Weaselboy

Weaselboy New Member

May 1, 2005
    I got a kick out of House referring to Cuddy's kid as "Mowgli" ROFL

17. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I thought that is what he said. LOL. Then I thought maybe it was too recent, but i guess not.

18. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Jungle Book + Rudyard Kipling = Orphan raised by wolves

Too recent? What am I missing?

19. tms317

tms317 New Member

May 2, 2003
    NY
    Most likely, Marksman (and myself, actually), thought it was a reference to a recent celebrity spawn (Bronx Mowgli--Ashlee Simpson's kid).

20. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm not up-to-date on celebrity spawn, and it kind of works both ways.