House - "Last Temptation" - 4/18/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ScubaCat, Apr 20, 2011.

1. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    This was a really good episode. The storyline was compelling. House finally got what he was after but it broke Masters. I don't think he saw that coming.

I can't help but wonder where Masters will go from here (yea, I know it's just a TV show).

2. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I agree, it was a good episode and I liked that at the end, Masters followed her true nature and didn't bend to House's. I liked when she was in surgery with the other doc and told him what to do (or what was wrong) in the fashion she was used to doing with House.

The very end with the music and very solemn, and then her tripping over the chicken was great.

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah....that was a good episode...the last two eps have been really strong.

Hopefully they don't fall back into the whole Cutty romance thing etc.

4. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    For once, House couldn't corrupt somebody's integrity. :up:

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    What do you mean? Maybe she didn't cheat her LP stats, but she certainly lied left and right to force that girl to get an amputation...

6. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    But in the end, she knew that wasn't right for her. She had to dabble in it to find out it wasn't right for her.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I agree. Masters basically poisoned the girl to cause a cardiac issue. Then used that to lie to the parents that the cancer had spread and the amputation was necessary to stop it. That is exactly like something House would do to get his way.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    But she certainly didn't keep her integrity. If you had said that she was incorruptible before this episode, I would have agreed.

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I wonder if there was something more to the chicken episode at the end. Masters is glum, trips over the chicken, and smiles and chuckles. Next episode will be interesting.

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I thought this was finally her last episode..she isn't in the previews for the next ep.

11. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    It was/Is

12. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I agree with this. She had to see if he had been right all these months and she decided no. She did save the girls life, but I don't think she will lie again, she will find her own ethical way.

13. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Meh; I don't really care about her character so I was unmoved by this storyline. All the emotional blibber blabber at the end just did not resonate.

14. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    So a few episodes ago House was suicidal, married to a hooker, and back on vicodin. Now he's back to his old self? I don't really want to hear how that happened, but it's like they just forgot about it.

When he was training the dog, it looked like he gave the dog a treat and then ate one himself? So he ate a doggie treat, or the dog ate a vicodin? Or did I imagine it? :confused:

15. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    When at dog trials all day I'd bring along a bag of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish. They were handy as both dog treats and as snack for me. I'd get a confused look when people saw me snacking from the dog treat bag.

House could easily have been using "people food" as training treats.

16. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    He is married, not to a hooker, but to someone who wanted a green card. And he seems to be popping pills.

17. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Dog treats are harmless to humans as far as I have heard.

18. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    I'm glad to see Masters go. For some reason she just never felt right. I couldn't get invested in her character at all and mostly found her annoying.

19. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I liked having her. Everyone else just rolls over when House says something, regardless of the legal or ethical considerations. Even (especially) Cuddy.

20. BobB

BobB Devout Tivonian

Aug 26, 2002
    Brookline, MA
    I saw her tripping over the chicken as a way of lightening what otherwise could have been a very dour departure for the Masters character. She'd just sacrificed her integrity, and as a result of being forced into that she'd given up a unique and highly desirable internship. And yet we saw that little mishap bring a smile to her face, so we don't feel that she's quite as lost as we would have had that not happened.

I can almost see the writer thinking, "we need something to keep this ending from being quite so dark" and coming up with the chicken.