House "Larger Than Life" - OAD 1/17/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by That Don Guy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA

Advertisements

Is nobody watching this any more? Or is it that the return caught everybody off guard, which is hard to believe as I expect a number of people would have a season pass?

Anyway, the House Random Event Light Bulb / "Aha!" moment is back in full force, with help from Candice Bergen, no less.

Anybody else hear the rumors that Fox may not be interested in picking the show up for another season (but what would they show in its place, especially when it is on two nights a week pretty much whenever there's an hour-long hole in the schedule?), and if they don't, NBC might be?

-- Don

2. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I'm getting tired of House turning into a nice guy. I liked him better as an angry curmudgeon who saw the cold truth through his misery.

3. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    This was the first one I've watched this year and I only tuned in because the promo included House's drugging Bergen. That's one way to shut her up. Wasn't even aware that House and Cuddy had linked.

Who's the smartmouth young doc? Grated on my nerves badly. Probably won't be back because of her.

4. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    I've been watching re-runs of old House episodes lately. What I really miss is his time in the clinic. It was usually only a minute or two per episode, but it was frequently funny, and gave a little break to the rest of the storyline.

5. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Amber Tamblyn. Same nerve damage here, I can't stand her.

6. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Who, the new girl? She takes the place of Jennifer Morrison's character.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I'd rather they just left the position open until Olivia Wilde comes back.

8. SorenTodd

SorenTodd New Member

May 26, 2009
    I loved Amber Tamblyn in Joan of Arcadia, but I just can't warm up to her in this show. Maybe it's because I don't like Dr. House being mean to her. :thumbsdown:

9. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I didnt understand the point of her character. So she's a lesbian who had a disease. She didn't do much to counter House's personality.

A cold, curmudgeonly Dr House needs a naive moralist to play off of.

10. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    I knew it was Chicken Pox before the train passed over him.

11. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I loved Taub and his billboard. I love his character anyway, so having the sub sub plot focus on him was fine for me.

House's spiking the dinner. That was very House like. Cuddy didn't seem as upset as she might have been a few years ago.

12. johnspalm

johnspalm New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    I had read somewhere that Hugh Laurie's contract is up after this season. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't pick it up. Any new contract is likely to cost Fox plenty. May not be worth it.

13. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    Nice? Lying to Cuddy and Wilson. Drugging Cuddy's mom and Wilson. Treating new girl like an idiot. Deflating the patient by telling him he was no hero. Not as acerbic as in the past, but still not nice.

14. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I liked it better when it was more focused on the medicin and House's relationship with his staff. I think that having an affair with the boss is considered a sexually charged atmosphere. In workplaces this causes a perception of favortism and is strongly discouraged. I would think that Cuddy would know this. HR should be warning her.

15. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    She's actually growing on me. Nice to have someone who is not willing to go along with House, just because he is the boss. And his insults just roll off her back, frustrating House even more.

16. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Exactly. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

When a show runs out of ideas they get the characters to start banging each other to create drama.

17. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it. TCF Club

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    You don't remember the episode where the two of them went to HR and "registered" their relationship in order to avoid such issues?

18. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I just didn't believe it. I worked for the Navy as a civil servant, trust me we didn't have that registry. Even if the relationship is known, it creates an atmosphere in the office that the boss's lover is going to get favortism. That would now be codified that House would get favortism. He does, but that is because he is the best diagnostician in the hospital. But that does not stop tongues from wagging.

19. JTAnderson

JTAnderson Active Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Redondo...
    All I can say is that the instant I realized Wilson was going down too, I couldn't stop laughing.