1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House Hunters International 1/22

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by sinanju, Jan 10, 2018.

1. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    It wasn't scheduled to be recorded. It seems to have the seriesID issue, thought it may be that it's at the edge of the guide data.

I noticed and wanted to warn everyone because it's the one Mrs Sinanju and I are on ;-) "Charmed by Sarlat, France"

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    It's in the guide now.

3. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Watched the episode last night - while I know that a lot of this show is scripted, you two made it look a lot more natural than some of the couples do. Are you still happy with the city apartment? How are the heating bills in winter (those really high ceilings can be an issue.) I don't know how cold it gets in Sarlat.

4. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    It isn't scripted, but there are multiple takes and the producer/director will suggest that perhaps we'd notice this or that in our remarks... sometimes at odds with each other. I'm obligated not to share much more than that. As for the "natural"... I do public speaking for a living. Perhaps that had something to do with it. Cameras and crowds don't throw me.

We love the flat. I very much regret that they didn't show any of the "after" footage they shot. In fact, our selection is foreshadowed at the beginning where you see me typing at a laptop... that's at a desk in the flat shot after our selection.

Sarlat doesn't get terribly cold. This week, mid-winter, temps are mid 40s with overnight lows in the mid-to-high 30s. We recently had the place tightened up to keep the drafts out of the old windows and doors.

If you'd like to visit (or just see the "after" look) we rent the place via Airbnb, HomeAway/VRBO, and TripAdvisor: La Pivoine, Centrally Located, Spacious and Gracious UPDATED 2018 - TripAdvisor - Sarlat-la-Caneda Vacation Rental

5. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Interesting - it often seems that the producers artificially create conflict and I assumed that people are given "talking points". Perhaps "scripted" is too severe.

So you're renting it? The show suggested to me that you were moving there permanently.

6. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Without tension, there's no television.

Our plan is to spend half our time there and half in the US

7. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005