House 10/30/2007 (S04E05) "Mirror, Mirror"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Oct 30, 2007.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

Good line about the birth control pills!

Interesting... at the beginning I was just plain sick of Foreman. At the end I actually didn't mind him. Something happened to him this episode.

2. thudtrain

thudtrain Fallguy

Sep 29, 2005
    It wasn't like he was just trying to weather the abuse, nor was it like he was hoping it would all get better. It was like he decided 'you know what, screw you, House. Do what you want, and I'm going to do what I want, and we'll see what happens'. That's the best way I can describe it.

This was a great episode, and a clever way to give us some background on the six newbies. Wilson realizing the patient considered him the alpha dog in the room was classic, as well as the great end scene with House, Cutty and big-brained Brad. And half the staff turning out to see who House fires, so they can collect their bets cracked me up.

About the only character I'm not getting is Cameron. At least Chase is keeping himself distant and just enjoying watching House mess with some other people for a change. Cameron's whole wise-man routine with anybody who comes to her is grating to me. Ah well, at least she's not in it much

3. quango

quango Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Macon, Georgia
    Sure, but wasn't she trying to get knocked up last season? Yeah, it was funny... but the continuity wasn't there!

4. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    They either need to do something with Cameron and Chase or get rid of them. Right now they're just boring.'

I was really surprised by what they wrote for Foreman. I really enjoyed watching him tonight. Usually, he just gets on my nerves.

5. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

Advertisements

But she may have given that up. For awhile.

I liked the new Foreman, but am tired of Chase and Cameron. Foremans little smile was perfect. Even Chase was enough of a background person that it didn't matter. He seems comfortable in his new job. I agree though, Cameron is annoying, she seems like she still wants to be part of the House team.

House getting Foreman another job is such a House thing to do.

I think the end scene would have been funnier if it was House, Cuddy and Wilson in the same room and Wilson won.

6. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    Cuddy: "I always thought my breasts were my best features."

So any guesses on why 13 is scared? Maybe she thinks she isn't good enough? Or maybe she's hiding from something or someone (police, abusive boyfriend, etc)?

7. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    Or it could be that she realizes that House loves a mystery and might keep her around BECAUSE he doesn't know anything about her.

8. kleinman

kleinman On the Battlements

Oct 6, 2003
    Somewhere,...
    I think she's scared because she was responsible for killing the Dog-Guy Patient. She's now terrified of making any mistakes that might result in another fatality.

9. Nov 1, 2007 #9 of 13
    Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    Chase and Cameron are fifth wheels, sure, but in the overall storyline this little "mostly break" from them might well fit perfectly. I'm willing to give the writers the benefit of the doubt for now. Apart from the expectation that something more should happen or will happen, there's really nothing wrong with what does happen.

10. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I think a lot of the usual scared reasons count, especially her not thinking she's good enough after killing Stark. (lordy knows it's the story of my life and why I have the drive I do)

What I found most interesting is that she's the one person that no one else witnessed getting mirrored, so no one knows "her secret" like they do everyone else's.

Diane

11. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Diane killed Stark?

12. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    shush.. I'm trying to not let it out.. just keep it between us ;)

13. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    Diane? Spoiler!?!?!?!