Hours with a 300 gig?

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by Superbee, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Superbee

Superbee Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Hi

I have been looking at instantCake but it looks like it's only good to 250 gig
    I ordered a 300 gig off ebay PNP worked perfect BUT what are the hours suppost to be?

Why i ask is i'm just wondwering if it was only formatted to a 250 gig?
    I have another 300 gig drive i would like to install too

Thanks

2. blindlemon

blindlemon tivoheaven.co.uk

May 12, 2002
    Malmesbury, UK
    The number of hours depends on your model of TiVo.... which you haven't told us ;)

3. Superbee

Superbee Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Ok didn't know that it's a Philips HDR212
    Kinda like to know what a 250 gig says
    and a 300 gig says
    Thanks

4. Lannister80

Lannister80 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Not sure about the hours your TiVo should display, but all of a 300GB drive should be recognized. Up until June or so of this year your A drive would only be recognized up to 250GB (B drive could be as big as you want), but that limilation in InstantCake has been fixed now. I'm getting 2x320GB HDs in a week or so and am planning on doing the InstantCake thing, I'll let you know how it goes. 640GB! w00t!

5. Superbee

Superbee Member

Oct 17, 2004
    well i did the install with instantCake it said 367 hours, BUT now the unit will not boot up?

6. HoosierTivoDaddy

HoosierTivoDaddy New Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Northern IN
    Jumpers? Just a guess...

7. Superbee

Superbee Member

Oct 17, 2004
    No it's was the Instantcake Software they sent me new Beta software that worked perfect
    Now
    Best Quaility 210 hours 56 min
    High Quaility 343 hours 13 min
    Medium 455 hours 21 min
    Basic 771 hours 26 min

8. Malibyte

Malibyte Took the red pill

Jun 12, 2005
    Simi Valley, CA
    How did you get the beta from them? I've had to kludge it to get my upgrades done, and one of them hasn't been working real well (though that could be due to a hard drive problem? - as yet undetermined). Anyway, I'd be interested in a beta copy also.... :)

9. Superbee

Superbee Member

Oct 17, 2004
    I couldn't get my 2x300 gig drives to work at all (just locked up on boot) they were trying to help but nothin worked he said that he had beta Software and would be willing to send it to me and try it AND it did work.
    had no problems at all the only thing is see different is i lost some settings to change my output settings they think i'm nuts but i put the old drives back in and the settings were there